What's new

Dynomat to lower tire noise?

HopnDude

Reaction score
I was wondering, has anyone pulled up their carpet or removed their back seats to add Dynomat (or like material) under the carpet or back of the cab, to dampen the road noise from the tires?

Figure it may give a slightly better acoustical performance from the stereo as well.

It would, just comes down to a question of whether or not its worth the effort. Materials and time to pull everything out, do a proper Dynamat install (including door panels) vs. just getting better tires. Tire noise never bothers me that much, but then again I did a muffler delete on my 6.2 and its lout AF so the tires are the least of my concerns LOL

It would, just comes down to a question of whether or not its worth the effort. Materials and time to pull everything out, do a proper Dynamat install (including door panels) vs. just getting better tires. Tire noise never bothers me that much, but then again I did a muffler delete on my 6.2 and its lout AF so the tires are the least of my concerns LOL
Yeah, I ordered a Gibson Stainless cat-back kit for the 6.2L and it was $365 shipped. So I opted for it over the muffler delete or drop in upgrade.

Another slight reason I was thinking about doing some Dynomating.

Plus, I'll probably upgrade the door speakers and add the Kicker factory subwoofer deal.

I was wondering, has anyone pulled up their carpet or removed their back seats to add Dynomat (or like material) under the carpet or back of the cab, to dampen the road noise from the tires?

Figure it may give a slightly better acoustical performance from the stereo as well.
I did the doors, entire back floor, and as much under the front carpet as I could without removing the seat. It it slightly better all around, it always makes the doors seem more ‘solid’ if that makes any sense. Im glad I did it

Dynomat type products are great for reducing resonance/vibrations. Not so much for blocking sound. For blocking sound transmission use mass loaded vinyl or MLV for short. Both products are used together for car audio installations all the time. Both serve a purpose but those purposes are different, so you need to pick the right one to get the best results. Using both is always a good idea too.

Dynomat type products are great for reducing resonance/vibrations. Not so much for blocking sound. For blocking sound transmission use mass loaded vinyl or MLV for short. Both products are used together for car audio installations all the time. Both serve a purpose but those purposes are different, so you need to pick the right one to get the best results. Using both is always a good idea too.
Thanks for the information, I didn't think about that.

Most Reactions

Back