What's new

Exhaust

Big Mo

Reaction score
I’m looking at an after market exhaust. I have always run 40 series Flowmasters but with this truck being a lot quieter, I’m thinking 10 series or straight pipe. Any thoughts out there?

SteelBoss6.2

Reaction score
I did a Black Widow Venom250 muffler. Sounds really good but with the DFM it gets annoying. Plus I removed the dumbass flapper valve

OP
Big Mo

Big Mo

Reaction score
ok thanks. I ended up putting a flowmaster 10 series on and it was still too quiet. 2 days later I took it back and had them straight pipe it. No flapper! I’m liking the sound now. Not overly aggressive either. Just right. I just went on a 4 hour trip for business and cruise control set at 80, could barely hear it in the truck.

OP
Big Mo

Big Mo

Reaction score
Nice. Looks a lot like the 40 series Flowmaster. I bet it sounds legit with the 6.2. I might still go back and throw the 10 series you see in the picture back on. Right now I’m just enjoying the beast. But like I said, can really hear it in the truck itself. Chevy did a great job with sound proofing on this new model. Thanks again for sharing the info.

JonSnow

Reaction score
I went with the AFE muffler replacement and I cut the flapper out. It just a low rumble now. Perfect for me.

TrailBoss

Reaction score
I did the afe muffler and flapper valve delete as well. So far I really like it! DFM is annoying though lol

SteelBoss6.2

Reaction score
Agreed on the DFM...I hate it with a passion. RANGE Technology apparently is releasing something for us this week.

SteelBoss6.2

Reaction score
I did next day air.. only $10 more than the standard shipping lol
Your welcome. I bought two today, my buddy wanted one for his AT4. I was haunting these guys for months about getting DFM delete and was pleasantly suprised with all the additional features. Cant wait, so stoked. You know of anyone who may want my pedal commander? Probably won't need it once this things installed

Latest Discussions...