What's new

Firestone Destination XT vs Falken Wildpeak A/T3

Sylveradostallone

Reaction score
Hello all! New member, and newish Trail Boss owner. Purchased a 21 TB back in July, and finally ready to upgrade the wheels/tires. As I'm sure many of you know, there's an incredible balance in finding JUST the right size, with minimal modifications, on the right budget, and the ever increasingly difficult availability.

Anyway, I've been bouncing back and forth, reading through as many of the threads as I can in here, and from what I can tell a 285/60/20 is probably my best bet for a bigger tire with no mods needed. If I'm incorrect, please let me know ! That said, there are almost no options for this tire, within a reasonable cost, except for the Destination XT and Wildpeak A/T3. I've seen some decent reviews on the Wildpeak, but not super sold on the look. The XTs are not my favorite by a long shot, but looking to see if anyone's had any experience with them.

Also, if you have other suggestions on the matter, would love to hear them! Really wanted a 305/55/20, but from what I can tell, this just isn't possible without leveling and even then probably trimming.

I had the wildpeaks on my colorado. they were good tires. really good in the snow too, if you get any. I liked them enough i would put them on my trailboss.

I love my Wildpeaks too. I’m running 295/70r18 and they’re E rated. I’m going to jump up to a 35x12.5r18 when these wear out, but the Wildpeaks only come F rated in that size. Not sure about how the ride quality would be.

164D803D-7583-4647-9C34-3C85A073FB91.jpeg

I run Yokahoma X-AT. They do come in the 285/60/20. I have no idea what 20 will fit, mine are 18". I really like the tire and the price. Good reviews. I've had them for about 5000. So far so good, noise is fine, traction good, and ride similar to duratracs.

Attachments

• 20210212_172341.jpg
    20210212_172341.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 288
  • 20210531_073938.jpg
    20210531_073938.jpg
    710.1 KB · Views: 288
  • 20210212_172403.jpg
    20210212_172403.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 284
I run Yokahoma X-AT. They do come in the 285/60/20. I have no idea what 20 will fit, mine are 18". I really like the tire and the price. Good reviews. I've had them for about 5000. So far so good, noise is fine, traction good, and ride similar to duratracs.
Oh those are nice too! I actually hadn't come across those. Just looked for them at my source (I work at a dealership, so I have a couple places I can get access to tires for less), and sadly they're out of pretty much all 20" sizes. This is definitely the biggest issue I'm having....everything is on backorder

Which is exactly why I'm trying to get something I know I'm going to enjoy for a while, since it's going to be quite some time before I do this again lol. I actually came across Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT, and now considering those. I'm still really torn about size on the stock TB suspension. I've read and reread the thread in here on it, and it's just all over the board from what I can tell

Hello all! New member, and newish Trail Boss owner. Purchased a 21 TB back in July, and finally ready to upgrade the wheels/tires. As I'm sure many of you know, there's an incredible balance in finding JUST the right size, with minimal modifications, on the right budget, and the ever increasingly difficult availability.

Anyway, I've been bouncing back and forth, reading through as many of the threads as I can in here, and from what I can tell a 285/60/20 is probably my best bet for a bigger tire with no mods needed. If I'm incorrect, please let me know ! That said, there are almost no options for this tire, within a reasonable cost, except for the Destination XT and Wildpeak A/T3. I've seen some decent reviews on the Wildpeak, but not super sold on the look. The XTs are not my favorite by a long shot, but looking to see if anyone's had any experience with them.

Also, if you have other suggestions on the matter, would love to hear them! Really wanted a 305/55/20, but from what I can tell, this just isn't possible without leveling and even then probably trimming.
I do have a 1.5 inch leveling on a 19 custom boss. Last 2 wks I went to cooper AT3 XLT 295/70/18(on stock wheel). Today took the new 20 inch replica wheels and traded up to 35x12.5x20. They did have to trim the front flaps, only 3 screws hold it(some remove them). The only rub is full clock barely on the rear of the wheel well. I just posted pics. Love it more now. The AT3 XLT are 60k tires.

Attachments

• IMG_3637.JPG
    IMG_3637.JPG
    367.4 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_3642.png
    IMG_3642.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 253

Most Reactions

Back