What's new

First time changing oil

martym

Reaction score
Had the dealer do the first oil change (free). Finally warmed up enough here to change my oil and filter my self today. Really never trusted any one else to touch my truck. Hopefully the rest of the ice on the driveway will be gone by the weekend so I can rotate the tires. Sure would of liked to see some grease fittings on the front end parts. Guess everything is throw away now and not built to last. (mini rant). Also pretty nice this truck sits high enough to be able to get under it with out jacking it up.

I do my oil changes also although I haven’t had to yet with only 1000 miles on it. Agree that’s its nice not having to deal with ramps or jacks👍

5.3 and 6.2 must be a lot alike. Will be watching to see how it goes for everybody

Had the dealer do the first oil change (free). Finally warmed up enough here to change my oil and filter my self today. Really never trusted any one else to touch my truck. Hopefully the rest of the ice on the driveway will be gone by the weekend so I can rotate the tires. Sure would of liked to see some grease fittings on the front end parts. Guess everything is throw away now and not built to last. (mini rant). Also pretty nice this truck sits high enough to be able to get under it with out jacking it up.
Rotated the tires yesterday. Used a torque wrench to torque the nuts to 140. Using the torque wrench hoping the rotors don't warp quite as soon. Ended up buying a TPMS relearn tool of Amazon. $12.00. Worked good once I figured out how to use it.

Most Reactions

Back