What's new

FNG from PA

Tin Can TB

Reaction score
Hello all, I am a recent convert to camp Chevy as this is the first non-Ford vehicle I have ever owned. I find myself enjoying my trail boss and the rumble the 6.2 makes through my borla atak exhaust. I look forward to learning all I can about my new platform.

Thanks,
Travis

Attachments

• IMG_5737.jpg
    IMG_5737.jpg
    416.7 KB · Views: 19
I've never driven a Ford. @Tin Can TB: Is that what you traded for the TB? What do you like about your Chevy that your latest Ford didn't have, or wasn't able to do?

I have read a couple of reviews lately, and reviewers really hate on the Trail Boss, but only cite insignificant performance differences, preferring the heavy, klunky, garish Rams. Reviewers also mention the same "oh, so cheap interior" from Chevy, just as with Corvette. My Corvette interior is ALL real leather, yet it was described as awful.

Should we expect an interior in a truck similar to say, my wife's 2014 Mustang GT California Special? A Trail Boss is a Truck, after all.

Last edited:
I've never driven a Ford. @Tin Can TB: Is that what you traded for the TB? What do you like about your Chevy that your latest Ford didn't have, or wasn't able to do?

I have read a couple of reviews lately, and reviewers really hate on the Trail Boss, but only cite insignificant performance differences, preferring the heavy, klunky, garish Rams. Reviewers also mention the same "oh, so cheap interior" from Chevy, just as with Corvette.
Great points, the TB Custom I ordered with L3B engine is absolutely flawless so far. Cost to purchase and own has got to be lowest of anything with this lift and capability. I don't tow so the turbo 2.7L is a perfect tradeoff for outback capability here at 9000' year round especially mud and snow cycles. Our roads are graded but thats about it. 6 miles of very twisty windy climbs and descents to get back to US 160.

I have read a couple of reviews lately, and reviewers really hate on the Trail Boss, but only cite insignificant performance differences, preferring the heavy, klunky, garish Rams. Reviewers also mention the same "oh, so cheap interior" from Chevy, just as with Corvette. My Corvette interior is ALL real leather, yet it was described as awful.

Should we expect an interior in a truck similar to say, my wife's 2014 Mustang GT California Special? A Trail Boss is a Truck, after all.
Ya, I traded a 2020 Raptor for my trail boss... It was a 100% financially motivated decision; thanks to the market at the time of purchase, I made 12k on my Raptor, but still needed a truck. Now that I have had my Chevy for a few months, I can honestly say I am very impressed with it. The interior suits me fine, maybe not as plush as the raptor's but it definitely feels more durable. The one thing that my trail boss does better than the raptor is actually being a truck; it tows so much better, handles payload better, works better, and I don't feel nearly as bad treating it so. The raptor is a sports car with a bed; fun as hell to own, but I'd never throw a cord of firewood in the bed.

Welcome...that's my regret I got white instead of your color color! Looks fantastic.

Very pertinent comment regarding firewood. I have gone for firewood at least three times this year, and probably twice last year. And we don't fool around ... the yard guys use a skid loader/fork lift with a Box, and we just dump a third of a cord right into the bed. I use a large, heavy Tarp to keep from getting the pretty truck from Boulder dirty. (I don't like having to vacuum tiny pieces of wood out of my Bed Rug.)

I also recall that when I was at the dealership purchasing my TB, there was a large poster over the windows showing a comparison between Ford and Chevy trucks. Fords now have aluminum beds, while my Chevy still has Steel there (yes, aluminum elsewhere). The poster showed a load of concrete blocks punching holes in the bed of the Ford, but not it the Silverado. A friend of mine bought a new TRD Tacoma (turd taco). It has a plastic bed.

Most Reactions

Back