What's new

Front park assist

PistolsFiring

Reaction score
Posted in a couple previous threads but haven’t gotten much traction. Creating own thread because surely someone has front park assist and can tell me if theirs works like my previous trucks or not.

Got the front and rear park assist activated today. Both my previous Chevy’s that had front and rear park assist would activate a graphic in the DIC like attached to indicate distance. Both of these were LTZs. This does NOT occur in my trailboss. Nothing occurs moving forward until I’m less than 1ft from an object and I get a solid audible beep.

Called the installing dealer and Chevy, both said there are different versions of park assist. The person at Chevy even with my vin wasn’t sure which version I was supposed to have. My front and rear park assist on window sticker falls under Safety package. I had never heard of these “different versions” of park assist before.

Can anyone confirm that you can have park assist withOUT the graphic in the DIC or should I have the graphic like I believe? Maybe it’s an LT thing, or the better park assist falls under a different package (which is ridiculous if it does)?

Attachments

• 92BF7CF6-A5E8-4135-8332-1267E11A1798.jpeg
    92BF7CF6-A5E8-4135-8332-1267E11A1798.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 42
Mines a non refresh, but I would think it should operate the same. I’m thinking something in the retrofit didn’t translate for the front park assist.

Just found this article about the retrofits, wonder if this will help mine. Reached out to dealer waiting on response.

Attachments

• C1C9A390-9E64-41B9-A333-4BFE6B4E9F34.jpeg
    C1C9A390-9E64-41B9-A333-4BFE6B4E9F34.jpeg
    557 KB · Views: 37
Mines a non refresh, but I would think it should operate the same. I’m thinking something in the retrofit didn’t translate for the front park assist.
I was just looking at my window sticker. Apparently I don't have front park assist, only rear which wasn't even part of the safety and security package. It was part of the LT premium package.

I was just looking at my window sticker. Apparently I don't have front park assist, only rear which wasn't even part of the safety and security package. It was part of the LT premium package.
What they include/don’t include in certain packages doesn’t always make sense. After calling my dealer again about this issue and quoting the above article/asking if they had reprogrammed my cluster they called back and made appointment for me to bring it back in. Don’t know if it’s the answer but hopefully 🤞🏼

Mine only shows one at a time, front or rear whichever one is in use. I have noticed though that sometimes the front won't show up in the dash when I know im close to something so i turn it off and back on and then it will show up. It does that probably once every 50 times that i use it.

Thanks to all those who responded. Took it back to dealer today, still mainly got the “pretty sure that’s how it’s supposed to work.”
After showing them them the article above they pulled it back and sure enough there was a software update for the instrument cluster. Now it works like it should with the graphic in the DIC indicating distance. 👍🏻

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back