What's new

Gas Mileage?

" free red state " ... ain't that the truth. Almost sounds like from a science fiction movie ...
... like the one where Charlton Heston finds the ruined Statue of Liberty.

Not sure if other companies carry it yet. You can place it on back order on the website.

Called Range today, they are out of stock on the Pulsar. Anyone know who might have them in stock?
Just bought one today from Cory at Premium Performance Products https://buyp3.com. He just got a huge shipment in stock. He is running a special discount on them too. Give him a call 440-201-9123 and he'll take care of you. Tell him Talal sent ya!

Curious what everyone is getting for gas mileage on their Trail Boss? I have the 4.3L V6 and only have 4,500 miles on it. I'm getting 15.6mpg. Don't know if this is typical or if it will continue to get a bit better with more miles under it's belt?
I got my 6.2L LT Trail Boss back on 2/1. I have been getting around 15 in town. Just got back from a 1,700 mile road trip from north GA to south Florida with a couple side trips down to the Keys. I averaged 16.9 on the initial 725 mile drive with speeds around 80 mph, actually got a little better doing the Keys trips due to speeds averaging 60 mph. Came home in heavier traffic in the 75 mph range. Finished the entire trip with 17.4 average. I have a bed cover that might have helped. Lesson is the 6.2 likes 70 mph much better than 80 mph!

2021 6.2L 2025 miles witht the 20" wheels, 16.8mpg avg. 50/50 city/hwy driving. Highest was 20.8 but rare that ever happens, flat road cruise set at 65.

2,250 mile roundtrip to Colorado. Started with 465 miles on the clock. Drive out yielded 17.6 - 17.8 mpg. All highway with mixed rolling hills and gradual elevation gain, averaging 75mph light loaded bed, single occupant. In mountain driving mixed highway and off-road, MPG's stayed in the 17's. With roughly 1,500 miles on the clock, the return trip saw as high as 20.7 mpg, gentle rolling hills and gradual decrease in elevation, speeds 75-80mph, 2x occupied, additional 200lbs of cargo. Bone stock '21 T.B. 5.3L with bed cover. Also things to note: Steering can be sensitive at these highway speeds. Small input, larger correction than I would expect. I have been driving for 30+ years and have clocked over 2,000,000 miles (non-CDL) during this time in various types of vehicles. The reactivity of the steering input is greater than I would expect based on my driving history/experiences. That being said, it's manageable once you get familiar with it. I wish it was user adjustable (maybe an electronic assist disable feature once hwy speeds are attained, or similar). Another thing to note, truck with modest load does very well at maintaining top gear/lockup at these speeds on decent hills, as opposed to my old Tacoma (2019 model with 6 speed Auto) that would shift 397 times up a hill and down the other side. That pissed me off every. single. time. I'm running a ScanGauge II and monitored ATF temp along with coolant. Happy to report that the onboard ATF reading displayed matches ScanGauge console. Yes, I know it's getting it's info from same sensor but there are instances of different numbers being displayed between the two in various vehicles. Ran about 143-148 degrees on the hwy at above mentioned speed. I did hit some dead-stop construction areas with 88-90 ambient temps, during this time the ATF got as hot as 165 degrees. Stop times were 5-10 minutes each. Recovery time for ATF temp when hwy speeds were re-attained was about 8-10 minutes. There was noticeable shift pattern changes with hotter ATF. The upshifts tended to take a second or two longer to occur. Expected, but notable. Could have been a variance in throttle position, but it was readily repeatable giving me the thought that it was temp related. Not a big deal, but notable. Also, downshifts (automatically controlled, no input from me) were a bit more mechanical (clunking) than with cooler ATF. Coolant got as high as 210 during these stops, but normally ran around 198 degrees. So far, impressed. Nothing sticks out as being problematic at this time.

Last edited:
Mostly local driving I get anywhere between 19.2 - 23.4...I have the 5.3 and drive like JaJa (Only Polish people know what this means)so it may not be representative of everyone

Right above 15mpg, 5.3L, leveled on 285 65 20s Ko2s

Attachments

• 20210608_092640-01.jpeg
    20210608_092640-01.jpeg
    393.3 KB · Views: 78
Yesterday drove down to Pueblo and back, about 280 miles. Turnpike 36 & Interstate 25, all highway, speeds 55-75 and got a solid 23.5 MPG. Range indication at half-tank was more than 500 miles. Love the Goodyear Wrangler tires, but I was thinking about a second set of wheels with highway tires. Had a second set for my 2011 and have a second set now for my Corvette. But getting 18 city and 23 highway makes it hard to justify highway tires for better mileage. (400HP '07 Corvette gets 23 city and 31 highway.)

Most Reactions

Back