What's new

Gas Mileage?

Cabin Fever

Reaction score
Curious what everyone is getting for gas mileage on their Trail Boss? I have the 4.3L V6 and only have 4,500 miles on it. I'm getting 15.6mpg. Don't know if this is typical or if it will continue to get a bit better with more miles under it's belt?

That's pretty much what I get. I have about 4500miles too. It's not that bad, my '19 grand cherokee get 12.6 mpg!

On my 6.2 my 400 mile average is 15 (about 70/30 town/highway), I have about 1,800 miles now!

Last edited:
I have a 5.3 and average 15.6-15.9, in my eyes that’s pretty decent seeing the tire size.

Has anyone compared the difference with and without a Tonneau cover? Just curious if the aerodynamic effect outweighs the added weight of the cover?

I'm at 15.6 average with about 70/30 city/highway driving. That's with a 6.2

Curious what everyone is getting for gas mileage on their Trail Boss? I have the 4.3L V6 and only have 4,500 miles on it. I'm getting 15.6mpg. Don't know if this is typical or if it will continue to get a bit better with more miles under it's belt?
I don't have many miles on my 6.2 but it's at 17.2. I don't drive over 70 mph. Maybe that's why.

2k miles on my 6.2 and dash says 13.8 ?

I got my highest is at 20 cruising at 60-65 MPH. Then I trashed the 50 mile average because my highest is an even number and I don’t want it to change lol.

of course steelboss has the worst gas mileage here.. he can’t get a stupid grin off his face lmao ??

I got my highest is at 20 cruising at 60-65 MPH. Then I trashed the 50 mile average because my highest is an even number and I don’t want it to change lol.

of course steelboss has the worst gas mileage here.. he can’t get a stupid grin off his face lmao ??
Hahha that's cold blooded man....yeah I guess you gotta pay to play?. 6.2L is worth it IMO

lmao ? I really wanna take a ride in with the 6.2.. I’m seriously enjoying the 5.3 (I came from an 04 Tahoe with the 5.3) so I can’t even imagine how awesome the 6.2 is!

lmao ? I really wanna take a ride in with the 6.2.. I’m seriously enjoying the 5.3 (I came from an 04 Tahoe with the 5.3) so I can’t even imagine how awesome the 6.2 is!
Well I hear the 10spd did alot for the 5.3 so thats good. Yeah man the 6.2 got that low end oomff ?

man, I bet that if I got the 6.2, my gas mileage would be in the single digits lmao

Most Reactions

Back