What's new

GM Locking Gas Cap Part number

Tanner22

Reaction score
With gas going the way it is, time to protect the liquid gold in the tank. GM part number is 84308352. Price was 21.00 plus tax.

This is a good idea. HOWEVER ... that part number fits the 2019 Trail Boss ONLY.

... still looking for the correct part for a 2021 ...

edit: So ... apparently just as it is for the Front Receiver ... GM made serious changes for 2021 model year such that parts for earlier models do not fit.

This is a good idea. HOWEVER ... that part number fits the 2019 Trail Boss ONLY.

... still looking for the correct part for a 2021 ...

edit: So ... apparently just as it is for the Front Receiver ... GM made serious changes for 2021 model year such that parts for earlier models do not fit.
Correct. And the 2021 with the stupid capless flapper valve is one of my design complaints. Since I am in dirt all the time my tank fill space fills up with dirt behind the cover door. When you press the flap with the gas nozzle dirt goes in the tank. I have had to wipe it clean before filling up to avoid this. If anyone finds a solution (locking or not) please let me know.

Steve

I'll keep looking ... maybe even Fabricate a low-cost solution (wouldn't be the first time.)

Still not nearly a good enough reason to trade it for a Dodge ...
:)

Attachments

• IMG_20211024_193527.jpg
    IMG_20211024_193527.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 57
That’ll keep the dirt out but not low life scumbag gas thieves👎
$125 to fill up today👎

Last edited:
This, model 23B:

Ordered mine. $3.83 for the piece of plastic and $9.55 for the shipping. Dont even know where its coming from. Yes, one of those transactions. But hey, I'm off road a lot. I don't like dust going into my gas. Thank you GETGONE. I'm going to give it a try.

Steve

Dang! I'm seeing a pair as cheap as $7.95 shipped on ebay. That was about what I paid several months ago.

$5.85
Costco is cheaper but I wasn’t near one.
SD is still a great place to live but expensive👎

Ordered mine. $3.83 for the piece of plastic and $9.55 for the shipping. Dont even know where its coming from. Yes, one of those transactions. But hey, I'm off road a lot. I don't like dust going into my gas. Thank you GETGONE. I'm going to give it a try.

Steve
Got it. As far as a dirt cover goes it fits like it was made for it.

Thanks for the tip!

Most Reactions

Back