What's new

GM performance CAI

yandy85

Reaction score
I tried to have the GM CAI installed today at the dealer, but apparently it can not be installed on 21’s after it leaves the factory. On the paperwork it says “vehicle not equipped with correct RPO’s, programming not supported by GM.” The dealer had ordered the CAI and I guess didn’t realized it until they called GM. It is part of the performance package installed at the factory. Here is more information about it. https://gm-techlink.com/?p=14771. I was trying to go GM route to keep warranty intact if something ever did happen. BTW 2021 Trailboss 6.2L.

I just noticed that myself yesterday. I’m actually a little upset because I had heard if you used their CAI, GM actually did a re-program to take advantage of the new air fuel mixture because of the increased air volume.

So, dealer installed CAI is not an option for us? If I purchase a CAI and self install will it throw a code? I also have a 2021 6.2L

So, dealer installed CAI is not an option for us? If I purchase a CAI and self install will it throw a code? I also have a 2021 6.2L
Yeah, for now at least. I’ve read many forums including this one that have installed other CAI’s without issues, but I don’t know if it hurts the engine without the reflash.

Been running my Rotofab CAI without any other mods for about 6 months with no problems whatsoever, very pleased with the system and performance tweak!

I had the gm cai on my 2019 5.3 truck. Traded in for 2020 6.2 with the ten speed. Went with rotofab instead of the gm cause the gm looked cheap with plastic lid. Roto fab looks way better and no reflash needed

I had the gm cai on my 2019 5.3 truck. Traded in for 2020 6.2 with the ten speed. Went with rotofab instead of the gm cause the gm looked cheap with plastic lid. Roto fab looks way better and no reflash needed
Yeah I’ve looked at those, they look nice.

At the dealer today for exhaust install. Talked to the aftermarket guy who said there shouldn’t be any issues with installing another brand aftermarket CAI, he said he has not seen any that have voided the warranty. I like the way the rotofab looks.

Has anyone asked their dealer service department if an aftermarket CAI does void the warranty? Has anyone seen a fuel mileage increase after CAI installation?

You could save your self a few bucks and try this.
DAE193F4-C3B8-47CE-9338-EE0DE9CCE056.jpeg

Most Reactions

Back