What's new

Having to say goodbye to 4wd Auto makes me sad.

Remanaz

Reaction score
But in the end, more ground clearance and a more level stance will likely make me happy enough to not just be a wash.

If you haven't guessed it yet, I am going to be adding a plus 2 lift to my truck. I just ordered the Ready Lift SST plus 2" lift. Amazon is selling them for $602. They had a damaged box listing for $402 and I just couldn't pass up a $200 savings. I mean technically it is a $260 savings since the normal price is $659 so I am saving 1/3 of the price. Hopefully all parts are there and they are not damaged. Cause then I will just have to live with 4wd Auto for a little longer.

If all goes well with delivery and parts inspection, I will still have a hurdle to jump. That is to be able to install this without my better half knowing. Lol. She doesn't want me to lift it or even level it. She says it is already hard enough for her getting in and out even though I have steps/bars. Looks wise she would know it was changed. She doesn't pay enough attention to that stuff. I am hoping the change in getting in and out is not as noticable as she thinks it will be. She seems to be thinking like a 6" lift type of height I believe. I am hoping by the time she finds out she will have gotten used to getting in and out of the lifted version. Then I can shrug my shoulders and ask if it is really any different.

Wish me luck. If I disappear you know why!

Baz

Reaction score
That’s funny, good luck buddy! I’ve been thinking about pulling the same stunt with my wife too.

OP
Remanaz

Remanaz

Reaction score
Looks like it should get here Wed. This is a good day for getting it in the house while she is sleeping. I will have to wait to install it till the following week on Friday and get the alignment close. I will be taking it in the following Monday for its first oil change and I can have them do the actual alignment at that time. She will be none the wiser if all goes well.

Jmzvet

Reaction score
Why does lifting it 2in cause it not to work in 4wd auto? Will the entire drive line be destroyed?

OP
Remanaz

Remanaz

Reaction score
These lifts and most of the 2" lifts for the Trail Boss do not include dropping the differential. By not dropping the differential the CV angles are increased. The reports out there are of vibration issues in the drivetrain when using 4wd auto. The lift manufactures also provide disclaimers suggesting not to use 4wd auto with their product installed.

Brando

Reaction score
Why does lifting it 2in cause it not to work in 4wd auto? Will the entire drive line be destroyed?
This may have been said before, but my understanding is that you can still use 4wd, shifting into 4WD should not be a problem from Neutral, but in auto 4WD engaging at 30+ MPH may cause a problem with the lift and angles being more significant etc...

Jmzvet

Reaction score
This may have been said before, but my understanding is that you can still use 4wd, shifting into 4WD should not be a problem from Neutral, but in auto 4WD engaging at 30+ MPH may cause a problem with the lift and angles being more significant etc...
Makes sense.

OP
Remanaz

Remanaz

Reaction score
Well it looks like Amazon is going to deliver a day early. Darn them. They are fooking up my plan. Glad we just got a nice new reclining couch for me to sleep on.

• Haha
Reactions: Baz

glopez1204

Reaction score
These lifts and most of the 2" lifts for the Trail Boss do not include dropping the differential. By not dropping the differential the CV angles are increased. The reports out there are of vibration issues in the drivetrain when using 4wd auto. The lift manufactures also provide disclaimers suggesting not to use 4wd auto with their product installed.
Let me ask a stupid question, can we buy diff drop kits separately? would that fix the problem? I am looking into this leveling kit as well but do not want to lose my auto 4wd

Latest Discussions...

Most Reactions