What's new

Headlight bulb replacement

You can't. They're LED's built into the housing on LTs and above.

Got me? Only on the work truck and Custom trim levels are there replaceable bulbs because those are halogen.

That link only shows replacements for Halogens. It doesn't take into account the OEM sealed LED headlights on the LT and up trims.

I had my passenger side headlight replaced on my 2022 ltd LT TB do to a deer accident. I asked for my used headlight back but was told it was needed for a core charge. Replaced with headlamp Assy , Halogen RT 84621849 Gm Part. $1046.98

I had my passenger side headlight replaced on my 2022 ltd LT TB do to a deer accident. I asked for my used headlight back but was told it was needed for a core charge. Replaced with headlamp Assy , Halogen RT 84621849 Gm Part. $1046.98
That part number when searched, shows a work truck/custom halogen headlight, not an LT headlight.

What's the expected service life for the factory LED assembly?

That link only shows replacements for Halogens. It doesn't take into account the OEM sealed LED headlights on the LT and up trims.
i posted that to verify his type of light. his year may have had the older housing style...some LED /HID were replaceable units

It's fairly easy. Open the hood and look directly behind your headlight assembly. You will see a round rubber cover directly behind each of the bulb locations. You will need to work the rubber covers off, by pulling on the little rubber tabs.

Once the covers have removed you can access the bulbs. Use your fingers to rotate the bulbs, to unlock them from the headlight assemblies. Unce the bulb is free of the housing, you will have enough slack in the wiring to disconnect the old bulbs and reconnect the new. I recommend use of dielectric grease in the connections. However, be conservative with the grease it does not need much. Ensure that there is no residual grease that can contact you new bulbs.

When installing the new bulbs look at the empty socket from the exterior of the truck first, and note the position of the small and large lugs. This will help you properly orient the bulb when inserting it into the rear of the housing and ensure correct installation.

If you are installing LED bulbs, you will want to verify that the bulb itself is oriented correctly. This will not matter if you're replacing with halogens.

I have had great luck with the Sealight LED bulbs, and Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Halogens.

Hope this helps!
I think you are referring to the Custom Trail Boss, not the LT? My truck doesn't have the rubber covers.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back