What's new

Heated steering wheel?

SailorSoane

Reaction score
Hi all,

My TB has a heated steering wheel button, but when I push it nothing happens and the light doesn't turn on. Am I missing something or does it just not work?

Jmzvet

Reaction score
Is it a 2022? If it is, it’s missing the “chip” to make it functional.
Allegedly GM will install the chip when they are available for $0.

Keller

Reaction score
You're actually lucky if it's a 2022. My heated steering wheel was omitted completely, and I have heated seats and front and rear park assist that don't work "yet".

OP
OP
S

SailorSoane

Reaction score
Is it a 2022? If it is, it’s missing the “chip” to make it functional.
Allegedly GM will install the chip when they are available for $0.
Yes, it is a 2022. I've called the dealer to find out if this is the case. Thanks for the reply its very helpful to try and track this down.

OP
OP
S

SailorSoane

Reaction score
You're actually lucky if it's a 2022. My heated steering wheel was omitted completely, and I have heated seats and front and rear park assist that don't work "yet".
That's wild. I had no idea they did this kind of stuff.

Keller

Reaction score
I'm shocked that the dealer didn't tell you this, if that is in fact the case. They even gave me a free year of the Chevrolet App; that I barely use already.

OP
OP
S

SailorSoane

Reaction score
I'm shocked that the dealer didn't tell you this, if that is in fact the case. They even gave me a free year of the Chevrolet App; that I barely use already.
When I called they seemed surprised, so I'm not really sure they even knew. I bought the truck off the delivery trailer so the sales team hadn't even looked inside it before I test drove it.

Keller

Reaction score
I'd bet that someday you'll have a working steering wheel heater. Lucky guy.

I guess in GM's infinite wisdom Trail Bosses in Cali get heated steering wheels while ones sold in Canada don't.

In all seriousness though, I bet it's a made in Mexico vs made in Indiana thing. I would imagine yours was built south of the border for the California market.

OP
OP
S

SailorSoane

Reaction score
I'd bet that someday you'll have a working steering wheel heater. Lucky guy.

I guess in GM's infinite wisdom Trail Bosses in Cali get heated steering wheels while ones sold in Canada don't.

In all seriousness though, I bet it's a made in Mexico vs made in Indiana thing. I would imagine yours was built south of the border for the California market.
It was def made in MX. I live in Rancho Mirage so was surprised that the heated steering wheel was included since it never gets cold enough for it here...

Jmzvet

Reaction score
Check your window sticker. You’ll notice other missing parts😬
F7E58E2C-D06A-42B3-88B0-670DF61495F3.jpeg