What's new

Hidden Winch

I have been considering a power switch as well, possibly a Perko. Nice Job!
Thanks Gangly - It was a lot of work but well worth it in the end.
Just to note, you need to determine how much power (amps) your winch may draw so you don't overload the switch.
The switch I installed: Amperage Capability: 275 amps continuous, 450 amps intermittent, 1250 amps momentary at 12V DC

Looks like they changed the color/design slightly, but here is the link:
Power Switch https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EBQOKEQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Probably best to cinch up that cable. You can get rattles between the hook and attachment when off road and it gets VERY annoying, but more importantly somebody could unhook you. There are numerous stories of people having their winch line unhooked, or connected to something while parked as a practical joke.

I've never personally had it happen to me, so I may be way more concerned about it than I should be, with a very real possibility that it's the old guy mentality getting to me as I age, HA.

PS, the bronze tow hooks look good.
Yes very true all tucked up now … 👍🏻

Attachments

• IMG_5759.jpeg
    IMG_5759.jpeg
    267.2 KB · Views: 16
Is that the Badlands hook? If so, I have the same one sitting on my work bench waiting for me to install it.

I currently run a Factor 55 flatlink, but the hook would eliminate the need for another soft shackle or bow shackle, while the Factor 55 still requires them to hook up to a vehice/rope/etc. I'm getting more and more into the "less is more" mindset doing recoveries, and I'm curious to hear what your experiences with it are, pros and cons, as you use it.

Is that the Badlands hook? If so, I have the same one sitting on my work bench waiting for me to install it.

I currently run a Factor 55 flatlink, but the hook would eliminate the need for another soft shackle or bow shackle, while the Factor 55 still requires them to hook up to a vehice/rope/etc. I'm getting more and more into the "less is more" mindset doing recoveries, and I'm curious to hear what your experiences with it are, pros and cons, as you use it.
Those factor 55’s are sharp and work very well with a D-ring or soft shackle … I just wanted to retain the convenience of having a hook and the Harbor Freight “Badlands” hook works amazing … it has a very large void within the hook opening you are able to quickly attach it with ease… very solid and heavy…oh under and $30

Most Reactions

Back