What's new

Hidden Winch

Calhoon

Reaction score
Has anybody mounted a hidden winch behind the front bumper on a 2019 TB? Would love to have one but I am not a fan of most of the big bulky winch bumpers.

Or any low profile winch bumper options that you have done?

I’m saving up for a low-profile winch bumper from ADD, their Stealth Fighter bumper. I’m not a fan of the big bumpers that stick way out like a fat lip. I think the ADD Stealth Fighter is the only low profile winch bumper for these trucks on the market right now.

That looks like a good option. I’m hoping somebody comes out with a hidden winch mount. Or maybe the option is a front hitch receiver that I can mount a winch in. It’s nice to be able to move a winch to the front or back of the truck. Never know which way you will get stuck or have to pull an animal up a cliff.

Hey so I'm replying here because there's not a whole lot of information. Warn makes both a winch mount plate and brackets for the 2019 to 2021 Chevy trailboss. For those of you that don't want a big old bumper This could be a solution.
PXL_20210709_190256044.jpg

American Trucks has a Deegan 9,500 lb winch that seems to be made to mount to the stock bumper. It is a relatively compact unit, for less than $600.

But that’s not actually possible, is it? —to mount a winch to the front bumper without a Mounting Plate, lots of cutting, drilling, …

yeah the rough country looks okay for being hidden but I don't like that it gets rid of the main bumper.. (or does it The pictures aren't very clear). definitely an okay solution if you're cool with getting rid of your main bumper... and I know it says that it's for the 2019 to 2021 series but that's not the picture that they show? (or at least not the trail boss trim level) so no clue what's going on I hope somebody posts something here so that those of us that are looking for information can know.

yeah the rough country looks okay for being hidden but I don't like that it gets rid of the main bumper.. (or does it The pictures aren't very clear). definitely an okay solution if you're cool with getting rid of your main bumper... and I know it says that it's for the 2019 to 2021 series but that's not the picture that they show? (or at least not the trail boss trim level) so no clue what's going on I hope somebody posts something here so that those of us that are looking for information can know.
That is the same model years as the trail boss in that pic. It does NOT get rid of the bumper. You can see the bumper in the pic. It only gets rid of the plastic section below the main bumper.

Yes it just replaces the plastic portion of the factory bumper with metal hidden winch mount/bumper… I’ll post a pic once I get it installed…

Yes it just replaces the plastic portion of the factory bumper with metal hidden winch mount/bumper… I’ll post a pic once I get it installed…
Please do. I like the concept but it looks like it's the complete plastic lower part (all the way to the edges) that gets removed. Not sure I can handle that lower lip to the edge being gone. Curious to see how it will look...especially on a white one like mine.

It only gets rid of the center section where the stock fog lights are, and the new rc bumper makes a great reinforced bumper= better protection

It looks great. BUT......how functional is it? Winches require maintenance and care. Cables and synthetic line can bind and must be wrapped properly. Once you have encased a winch behind all that metal what does it take to get your hands and eyes on the winch?

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back