What's new

Hood scoop / paint damage

DForm

Reaction score
Just saw a YouTube video about the paint damage being caused by the hood scoop on the ZR2 and Trail Boss. GM service bulletins PIT 5930. Just checked my TB that I picked up on 8/10. It’s also showing this damage.

Does it vibrate and scrape the paint off the hood?

Paint quality sucks regardless. On my 21' there are already chips between body panels and other spots.

I would assume so. With the damage from the hood scoop I think it’s more of a problem with how the scoop is attached vs how it’s painted. The damage appears to be from the scoop rubbing on the paint on the four corners. My TB was also manufactured in Silao Mexico.

So far on the two corners closet to the windshield. Contacted the dealership - they said Chevrolet was aware of the problem but as of yet the engineers haven’t come up with a fix. Suggested I call back in a few weeks. - -

So far on the two corners closet to the windshield. Contacted the dealership - they said Chevrolet was aware of the problem but as of yet the engineers haven’t come up with a fix. Suggested I call back in a few weeks. - -
Ok Thanks! Keep us posted and if i hear something i will do the same. Mine was produced in Mexico too.

Where are you seeing this damage? I need to check mine.
I have it on the two corners closest to the windshield as previously mentioned but also I have it on the driver side rounded corner closest to the grille. Very small spots rubbed to bare sheet metal.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back