What's new

Hood scoop / paint damage

I’d print out the PIT 5930A and show it to the dealer. I did and after a couple attempts the dealer had the damage fixed. So far so good.
Where can I get a copy of PIT5930A? It isn't posted on the GM website as far as I know. Do you have a link or a .pdf?

I have an appointment to get the hood painted at the dealer on 5/22. But they say without a documented fix they will paint it only once under warranty. So I need the document in hand and they need to kit parts to fix it for the fix to be covered (in case it happens again). I talked to them today and they say PIT5930A isn't released and there is no parts kit.

IMG_2330.png

Attachments

• IMG_2330.png
    IMG_2330.png
    354.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2329.png
    IMG_2329.png
    478.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2328.png
    IMG_2328.png
    455.6 KB · Views: 47
I found it on the ZR2 forum page. I think the link is in the pictures I posted.
I just got a login to that forum today. I can't read your attachment (too fuzzy) and there is no link. If you could please post a good link to the ZR2 forums post with 5930A that would save me some scrolling. TIA.

Mine was repaired in March according to the GM bulletin and within 4 weeks the front corners started doing it again exactly as it did from the factory. Took the truck into the dealership and they took pictures of the damage. I was told that the district GM rep would be contacted to determine what fix they would do for a second try.

Mine was repaired in March according to the GM bulletin and within 4 weeks the front corners started doing it again exactly as it did from the factory. Took the truck into the dealership and they took pictures of the damage. I was told that the district GM rep would be contacted to determine what fix they would do for a second try.
Mine has been fixed for almost two months and still looks good. I'll have to keep and eye on it though...

I saw on a ZR2 forum a post on a service information bulletin #PIT 5930A that details the fix for this. I showed this to a Chevy dealership that serviced my truck. Of course I’ve tried finding out from three different service departments about this problem and have always gotten the same response “ I don’t know about this issue, wait to hear from GM for a fix.” The fix is quite detailed and will require my truck to be in the body shop for several days. I’m to get a loner to use. Here is the thread contact. https://www.chevyzr2.com/threads/hood-paint-damage-bulletin-and-fix-is-finally-here.595/ Good luck.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back