What's new

Hydro Lock in 6 to 10 inches of water???

DittoTB

Reaction score
I’ve been looking at TrailBoss groups on Facebook. I have seen at least two different posts of people saying they drove through 6 inches of water or 10 inches of water or whatever that wasn’t even over the height of a curb in their truck and it stalled out. Diagnosed with Hydro lock. One person even said the dealership told them their trail boss had an air intake down at their bumper level. Any truth to any of this? It sounds jacked up if it is this easy to get water in the engine of this machine. I don’t recall if they said they had a 2019 or 2020 or what. Thanks! Very curious about this.

Attachments

• BFD2F4F8-E806-4A89-BD0F-4BA24F4E8D6D.jpeg
    BFD2F4F8-E806-4A89-BD0F-4BA24F4E8D6D.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 180
"Officer, I swear I only had two beers before I tried to cross the river! My license and registration floated away when I was climbing out the window! I'm lucky the air bags did not deploy or I would have drown for sure!"

Why would oil leak out? That right there sets off my BS warning system.

The air intake is above the entire engine. Not in the front bumper.

Oh I know that. This was just the second post by someone not related to the first post I saw. Was curious if anyone else had heard it. 😁

The actual air inlet to the filter assembly is behind the front grill at the top of the engines height and not down in the bumper.

the intake is just to the right of the hood release lever at the same level, while its not a 100% water/air tight connection tube to the airbox there is no way enough water is getting in that connection to lock up an engine short of parking in 3' of water with the engine running and even then i dont think it would, id wager they went it alot deeper or created a wave infront of the hood and it came in the intake if it was really hydrolock

I’ve been looking at TrailBoss groups on Facebook. I have seen at least two different posts of people saying they drove through 6 inches of water or 10 inches of water or whatever that wasn’t even over the height of a curb in their truck and it stalled out. Diagnosed with Hydro lock. One person even said the dealership told them their trail boss had an air intake down at their bumper level. Any truth to any of this? It sounds jacked up if it is this easy to get water in the engine of this machine. I don’t recall if they said they had a 2019 or 2020 or what. Thanks! Very curious about this.
Ford guys trying there best to improve sales! 😂🏁

Most Reactions

Back