What's new

Installed Lomax Bed Cover

Turnerf2000

Reaction score
Did some research and decided on a Lomax bed cover for my Trail Boss. Liked this product since there aren't any drain tubes to run, has a low profile, and is easy to take on and off. Had a hard cover on my FX4 that was 3X times higher, weighed twice as much when taking off, and was a little leaky even when new. Just drove 1,700 mile round trip to Homestead/FL Keys with a bed full of luggage, golf clubs, and coolers. Went through a couple very heavy storms and nothing in the bed got wet. Very happy with the product, worth the extra money. Truck is wet in the pics, had to rinse the GA pollen off!

Attachments

• Shelly7.JPEG
    Shelly7.JPEG
    568.3 KB · Views: 211
  • Shelly8.JPEG
    Shelly8.JPEG
    407.8 KB · Views: 192
  • Shelly9.JPEG
    Shelly9.JPEG
    515.4 KB · Views: 192
Did you need to seal tailgate or caulk anywhere? I switched to diamondback covers to get better water seal and am still getting water in from multiple places :(.

Did you need to seal tailgate or caulk anywhere? I switched to diamondback covers to get better water seal and am still getting water in from multiple places :(.
That was my exact question

I didn’t use any type of sealant, the cover has a thick rubber gasket on the bottom of the cover as well as between the two hinged sections on the top. So no rain got in on top of the luggage during the trip. My wife washed the truck yesterday (yes, she’s pretty awesome that way) and when I dropped the tailgate to dry it off I could see a little water that got in between the tailgate and the tail lights. But none in the rest of the bed. I guess for driving through a rainstorm that isn’t an issue since the rain is flying past the rear of the truck. But a pressurized hose will shoot it between the sides of the tailgate where the cover doesn’t sit. Maybe one day Chevy will come out with a water tight tailgate!

I have same lomax cover. It leaks a little water when I wash it...no big deal though

Most Reactions

Back