What's new

installing a subwoofer

aboyz

Reaction score
Can someone recommend some power kit to connect my amp to the battery? I also need some recommendation on Line output converter? which one should I purchase? thank you!!

I dont want to hijack your post but also looking for input on if anyone is running a self powered sub in the Custom TB? The stock sound isn't terrible but there is no low end.

Any certain placement better than others? I was thinking of installing under the middle front seat as that space under the seat seems wasted with the storage compartment.

I dont want to hijack your post but also looking for input on if anyone is running a self powered sub in the Custom TB? The stock sound isn't terrible but there is no low end.

Any certain placement better than others? I was thinking of installing under the middle front seat as that space under the seat seems wasted with the storage compartment.
you are not hijacking my post :).. i just wanted to get more detail on what you guys installed on your custom TB.. still researching and havn't find the right setup yet.. let me know if you find any solution of adding a sub.

I do not buy wiring kits. They never seem to have exactly what I am looking for and I end up using only parts of them. Also many use cca wire instead of ofc. I like knukonceptz wiring. I tried out welding cable on this install but it is not as flexible as knukonceptz kolosus ofc wire. This is talking about 0 gauge. I have stinger under hood fuse block and distribution blocks. My amps are Audio control with their lc2i line output driver built in. Many people recommend the lc2i. I am very happy with my Audiocontrol amps.

My system is using a lljcustoms loop back wiring harness from the HMI unit iabove the passenger side kick panel. This feeds an AudioControl D6.1200. The D6.1200 has lineout that is feeding a matching lc1.1500 for my 2 12" Sundown Audio sd-4 subs. The box is downfiring under the rear seat. I have Morel large format tweeters in the factory dash locations and Hybrid Audio L6v1s in the doors.

I do not buy wiring kits. They never seem to have exactly what I am looking for and I end up using only parts of them. Also many use cca wire instead of ofc. I like knukonceptz wiring. I tried out welding cable on this install but it is not as flexible as knukonceptz kolosus ofc wire. This is talking about 0 gauge. I have stinger under hood fuse block and distribution blocks. My amps are Audio control with their lc2i line output driver built in. Many people recommend the lc2i. I am very happy with my Audiocontrol amps.

My system is using a lljcustoms loop back wiring harness from the HMI unit iabove the passenger side kick panel. This feeds an AudioControl D6.1200. The D6.1200 has lineout that is feeding a matching lc1.1500 for my 2 12" Sundown Audio sd-4 subs. The box is downfiring under the rear seat. I have Morel large format tweeters in the factory dash locations and Hybrid Audio L6v1s in the doors.
thank you so much!! Just researched and also bought this from lljcustoms t-harness. Remember i have a custom 2021 trail boss without the bose system. This is what I got along with the larnes LOC options: link2. This will have a rca output to my sub.

Sub i purchase is this:

wiring kit:

This complete my sound system setup.. thank you

Mine is a Custom 2021 TB as well. I went with the Loopback because I did a full amplified system. The T-harness will suit your needs perfectly it seems. I hope you enjoy your system.

Does your setup sound the way your wanted?

thank you so much!! Just researched and also bought this from lljcustoms t-harness. Remember i have a custom 2021 trail boss without the bose system. This is what I got along with the larnes LOC options: link2. This will have a rca output to my sub.

Sub i purchase is this:

wiring kit:

This complete my sound system setup.. thank you
Where will you be mounting this sub? I was told by Crutchfield Tech Support that it wouldn't fit under my rear seat. Thanks!

Most Reactions

Back