What's new

JLT catch can

BossZ71

Reaction score
4CF1CEE2-AA00-4173-9F5D-E2996144DA2A.jpeg
image.jpg

Any updates on your catch can? Performing as expected or any issues? I bought one today and waiting for it to ship.

First time checking after 1500 miles
Performing as expected wouldn’t want that burning off inside

Attachments

• 9162FD19-AB7B-441C-A240-D682C5644400.jpeg
    9162FD19-AB7B-441C-A240-D682C5644400.jpeg
    377.7 KB · Views: 103
First time checking after 1500 miles
Performing as expected wouldn’t want that burning off inside
Do you have a pronounced vacuum sound coming from your installation? I compared my stock PCV line which is almost silent, to the JLT installation. The JLT sounds like a vacuum leak. Engine idles perfect, no codes, can't make the sound change by pushing/manipulating connector. I'm guessing it's just vacuum resonating down the line and through the can?

Well, after installing on 2 different 5.3 GM products, I can say the noise is consistent. I can wrap rubber/foam around the PCV side hose and dumb down the noise considerably, but I've opted to return it. I can't be ok with a $150 separator that is this noisy and needs better sound control. I suspect it's a combination of the "can" and "filter" together with a restricted diameter vacuum hose creating a resonation chamber. It's pronounced. You can hear it with the hood closed, sitting inside the truck. Not going to work for me. I'm sure the unit works as advertised, but I just can't be OK with that noise. One other thing to note: The hoses are very soft, especially after sucking hot air from the crankcase. I could see these hoses at least partially collapsing after many heat soak cycles. Something to keep an eye on. Will update on how their return process goes. Reading their fine print, sounds like I'm going to take a re-stocking fee hit and lose return shipping. Still better than listening to SUCK SUCK SUCK while the engine is idling.

I had one on my 2019 5.3 Tahoe no noise and no issue with hoses becoming soft. I pulled it off my Tahoe when I traded it for my 5.3 TB and installed it (only difference is the hose length and mount). No noise and no issues on the TB. Maybe the longer hoses from the Tahoe version muffle the sound better?

Recently installed the JLT on my 21 TB with the 5.3L and no noise issues with mine. Guess I’m one of the lucky ones.

Seems everybody falls on either side of the equation. Some have had no noises, some have had lots. No rhyme or reason as to why.

Most Reactions

Back