What's new

JLT oil catch can/separator (5.3L)

Twinkie

Reaction score
Only used it for a week. Does what it’s intended to do. $130 OBO shipped CONUS.

B591C44A-A33B-44AB-B34D-692DD4C1C182.jpeg

Last edited:
Why are you getin rid of it

I've got a dealership that says I'll run into emission and warranty issues here in CA. I don't keep my trucks for very long so I'm just going get rid of it and not have to (potentially) deal with it. If I knew I was going to have it for 100k and beyond, it would be staying on.

I've got a dealership that says I'll run into emission and warranty issues here in CA. I don't keep my trucks for very long so I'm just going get rid of it and not have to (potentially) deal with it. If I knew I was going to have it for 100k and beyond, it would be staying on.
It doesn't impede the emissions factor, and either works to the exact same degree or better than factory equipment per Magnuson Moss Act, therefore you could sue the f*ck out of any dealership that attempts to deny your warranty over that.

Only caveat is that you ensure it's emptied and cleaned out every oil change. I've argued some of these points on my last vehicles if I denied service work that I could do myself or already did, they'd bring up the 'catch can' or the 'intake' etc. Just basically ask them how well versed they are with the Magnuson Moss Act with regards to doing ones own vehicles maintenance and repairs using equal to or better than OEM parts, and then ask how much legal trouble they're willing to get into over something so trivial so they can try making an extra buck or two off you.

I installed on my 6.2 few weeks ago and checked after only few hundred miles and was surprised how much oil was in there. Great investment and took literally 10 minutes start to finish to install!

Most Reactions

Back