What's new

just bought my new 2022 Trail Boss LT 6.2

Leonardo6.2

Reaction score
Just bought my new 6.2 Trail Boss LT and a house all in one month. I just found out I don't have sport mode and I am not very happy about. I have been all over the internet and there is no information I can find about not having sport mode, The dealer ship has no answers for me at this time, any suggestions on who I can email or call regarding this? Any suggestions on what I may do for performance?

Same thing happened to me. Disappointing for sure. Lots of other people in the same boat. My dealership is worthless also, once I bought a new truck and gave them the money they are over me lol Everyone is going to tell you buy a Pulsar LT. It’ll do the trick but I don’t want to spend $500 for something I should have. Good luck to you!

I just picked up my truck from the dealer ship from getting the bed liner and ceramic coating. I picked it up with a cracked wind shield( I’m pissed off) they said they will look into to it. On top of that I have opened a investigation with gm. They were looking into why my trip boss doesn’t have sport mode and why I cannot manually shift into different gears. I’ll keep everyone in the loop once I get more info.

That’s good news. I contacted gm and they said to talk to my dealership so they weren’t helpful for me. Please do keep us informed! Sorry to hear about the windshield hopefully they do the right thing and fix it.

UPDATE!!!!!! Jessica from GM called me today at 12:10 pm while I was at work and answered all my questions. She called me on a recorded line and stated "NO SPORT MODE, NOT BEING ABLE TO MAULLY SHIFT THROUGH GEARS, PARKING SENSORS, AND HEATED SEATS" were indeed part of the microchip shortage. Once the dealership has them, they will call me to schedule an appointment to have them installed!!! I was almost in denial on what she was saying and what I was told at the dealership, she reinsured once the microchips were installed, I will have sport mode, retro fit the heated seats, parking sensors that work, and the ability to manually shift through different gears.

Now everyone that has a 2022 Trail boss should stay in contact with their dealership and make sure the microchips are installed. I had my dealer tell me in my face that this truck does not come equipped with sport mode and will not have it after the chip was installed. But Jessica from GM contacted the dealer where I bought the truck and stated "two days later" that it will indeed have sport mode once the microchip is installed. I hope this answers all the questions everyone had about no sport mode and other missing features and Good luck!

Last edited:
Would you be willing to share the contact information of the person you spoke with at GM?

print out the info from the gal at GM with case number .... you will need it.... I have been there before....

UPDATE!!!!!! Jessica from GM called me today at 12:10 pm while I was at work and answered all my questions. She called me on a recorded line and stated "NO SPORT MODE, NOT BEING ABLE TO MAULLY SHIFT THROUGH GEARS, PARKING SENSORS, AND HEATED SEATS" were indeed part of the microchip shortage. Once the dealership has them, they will call me to schedule an appointment to have them installed!!! I was almost in denial on what she was saying and what I was told at the dealership, she reinsured once the microchips were installed, I will have sport mode, retro fit the heated seats, parking sensors that work, and the ability to manually shift through different gears.

Now everyone that has a 2022 Trail boss should stay in contact with their dealership and make sure the microchips are installed. I had my dealer tell me in my face that this truck does not come equipped with sport mode and will not have it after the chip was installed. But Jessica from GM contacted the dealer where I bought the truck and stated "two days later" that it will indeed have sport mode once the microchip is installed. I hope this answers all the questions everyone had about no sport mode and other missing features and Good luck!
Just doing a follow up and wondering if you have any new information? Thanks

New member and new to Trail Boss. Just picked up my 2022 Trailboss and I was fortunate to have heated seats and mine does have Sport mode. I was told by buddy that mine was one the first few runs to get the new interior and updates. Ordered mine in early December and lucked out on some of the stuff that came with it.

New member and new to Trail Boss. Just picked up my 2022 Trailboss and I was fortunate to have heated seats and mine does have Sport mode. I was told by buddy that mine was one the first few runs to get the new interior and updates. Ordered mine in early December and lucked out on some of the stuff that came with it.
Post up some photos of the new ride👍
Jealous of the new dash. Tempted to sell high and buy higher🤣

Post up some photos of the new ride👍
Jealous of the new dash. Tempted to sell high and buy higher🤣
The new dash and speedometer cluster is awesome. My dealer rep did not know anything about the Sport Mode. I had to find it myself. I will get some pics in next few days when sun is out. I was also shocked by the hood scoop, did not expect that either.

The new dash and speedometer cluster is awesome. My dealer rep did not know anything about the Sport Mode. I had to find it myself. I will get some pics in next few days when sun is out. I was also shocked by the hood scoop, did not expect that either.
Hood scoop?

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back