What's new

Let's see those Trail Boss trucks towing!

Hell yeah! Just out of curiosity, did you check out transmission temperature going up the hills?
For sure! We had it up on the screen and monitored that, engine temp, and oil pressure. I set the cruise control at 49 on the steep side and it was about 180-200. Crept above 200 when I had to accelerate but not high. On the lower grade side of the mountain it was CC at 60 and 200 on the trans and no issues.

oh damn, that’s not bad at all. A lot better than my brother 2018 GMC reaching 240 while pulling a trailer. He ended up getting a Ford after dealing with those issues😔.

oh damn, that’s not bad at all. A lot better than my brother 2018 GMC reaching 240 while pulling a trailer. He ended up getting a Ford after dealing with those issues😔.
I saw it creep up when I started the climb back over the mountains and backed off on the speed. In Texas I had CC set at 74 up the hills on the 20 and handled like a champ. Gas MPG sucked, but had the power.

I saw it creep up when I started the climb back over the mountains and backed off on the speed. In Texas I had CC set at 74 up the hills on the 20 and handled like a champ. Gas MPG sucked, but had the power.
That’s not so bad going up a mountain. My brother had issues on flat ground driving lol. But this was during the famous vibrating series of vehicles

That’s not so bad going up a mountain. My brother had issues on flat ground driving lol. But this was during the famous vibrating series of vehicles
I’m sorry to hear about that series of trucks! New to the Chevy family so this one is definitely making me a fan! I would have switched to something else too if I had over temp on flat ground, lol.

2A4F73E6-CB45-4A1E-9BE4-7177062C38EA.jpeg

Headed to the lake!

Attachments

• IMG_20210624_095759138_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210624_095759138_HDR.jpg
    564.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20210624_095916465_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210624_095916465_HDR.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 78
Nice boat looks similar to my Malibu. We are heading out this weekend.
Thanks, it's an '04 Supra Comp, I know a few people w/ Malibu's definitely a lot of similarities, have fun out there!

Took a nice trip. Pulled great in the winds and through the mountains. Plenty of power to pass if needed and very steady on a steep grade 6% sea level to 5400 ft and handled well on the way down. Best mileage was about 10-12 at 65. Got 4-6 on the steep parts but expected that!

Looks like a good size travel trailer. What’s the weight and length? Just curious as I am pulling a 32’ in a couple weeks that Max’s out at 7600 lbs.

Looks like a good size travel trailer. What’s the weight and length? Just curious as I am pulling a 32’ in a couple weeks that Max’s out at 7600 lbs.
33’ Jayco. It is 6180 lbs dry weight although I tow around 7000 plus or minus some weight. Tops out at 8200 lbs loaded.

D43077D6-2F44-4B01-BF11-63882F6C68CA.jpeg
Rented a 33’ TT 2019 Forest River Cruislite for the weekend. Loaded weight was 7700 lbs plus some gear. By my estimation I was close to max tow. The TrailBoss did great and never struggled up to to Big Bear on a 6% grade. I’m really happy with this truck especially with the fuel economy while towing. The truck averaged 10.6 MPG which exceeded my expectations. Only thing it could benefit from is air springs or sumo springs to help control the rear a bit. My truck is a 2021 TB LT2 5.3L.

Last edited:
This was the first thing I towed it is a 24ft custom enclosed trailer. It was fully loaded around 9k but way too much tongue weight. Was loaded quickly to move my parents to Arizona. It was too squirrely over 55mph and I told my dad to get a U-Haul and we reloaded it. Original plan was to tow it with is F250 Diesel until he got 40miles into the trip and blew the High Pressure Oil Pump. I think if I had some air bags it would of been fine, I definitely had the power that's for sure.

Attachments

• towing.jpg
    towing.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 102

Most Reactions

Back