What's new

Leveling kit - Biggest tire for 20's

Biv82

Reaction score
So I got quoted 1220 for the 2" ready lift with the upper control arms and alignment or 550 for the RC 1.5" and alignment - Seem legit?
Also - I noticed almost everyone talking about tires has 18" rims... I don't want to buy wheels yet - Anyone have pics of theirs leveled with the stock 20s?
I don't really want them to stick out much but would like to go close to 35" to fill the gaps

Attachments

• boss1.jpg
    boss1.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 196
Price seems right. I recommend adding UCAs with the lift. I didn't on initial lift install, recently replaced UCAs. Significant difference with the UCA upgrade. Cost me more by waiting.

I have 18" wheels, so can't help there.

Price seems right. I recommend adding UCAs with the lift. I didn't on initial lift install, recently replaced UCAs. Significant difference with the UCA upgrade. Cost me more by waiting.

I have 18" wheels, so can't help there.
got it - thank you

So I got quoted 1220 for the 2" ready lift with the upper control arms and alignment or 550 for the RC 1.5" and alignment - Seem legit?
Also - I noticed almost everyone talking about tires has 18" rims... I don't want to buy wheels yet - Anyone have pics of theirs leveled with the stock 20s?
I don't really want them to stick out much but would like to go close to 35" to fill the gaps
I posted some pictures of mine on the what did you do today thread.

2021 TB with 1.75 ready lift.

Tried 295/65/20 Nitto Ridge Grabber on KMC 541 rims (basically same as stock) but they rubbed. Did some minor mud flap/fender line trimming which helped but still rubbed slight with suspension movement or near full lock in reverse. I really wanted no rubbing and didn't want to trim any move. Took them back (Discount Tire is awesome!!!) and replaced with 285/65/20. Clear at this point.
I posted some pictures of mine on the what did you do today thread. #351

2021 TB with 1.75 ready lift.

Tried 295/65/20 Nitto Ridge Grabber on KMC 541 rims (basically same as stock) but they rubbed. Did some minor mud flap/fender line trimming which helped but still had a slight rub with suspension movement or near full lock in reverse. I really wanted no rubbing and didn't want to trim any move. Took them back (Discount Tire is awesome!!!) and replaced with 285/65/20. Clear at this point.

2021 LT Trail Boss with 1.75 ReadyLift leveling kit. 20X9 Black Rhino Kelso -12MM with 33X12.50R20LT Toyo Open Country AT 3's.

Attachments

• 20210716_061108.jpg
    20210716_061108.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 375
This is what I’m thinking about getting for my truck. I also have 20s and not ready to buy new rims just yet. I’m debating between Nitto, BF Goodrich, or Toyo Open Country for my tires. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 51DE2C20-09DE-489B-A412-460B3E67C03E.png
    51DE2C20-09DE-489B-A412-460B3E67C03E.png
    413.3 KB · Views: 95
This is what I’m thinking about getting for my truck. I also have 20s and not ready to buy new rims just yet. I’m debating between Nitto, BF Goodrich, or Toyo Open Country for my tires. Any suggestions?
I have worn out a few sets of BFG AT TAs. I loved them. 4wheeled them hard and pulled a heavy trailer. The best All Terrain (IMHO), heavy ply tough all around tire. A Discount tire guy talked me into trying the Falken equivalent once. Within 10,000 miles they had road hazard replaced 2 of them because the rubber was coming off in chunks, once down to the cords, when off roading. They worked out a prorate deal with me to get back on 4 BFG AT TAs. Problem solved.

When I replace my Duratraks on the TB I am going with Nito Ridge Grapplers for more aggressive off road performance than the BFG.
Steve

I have worn out a few sets of BFG AT TAs. I loved them. 4wheeled them hard and pulled a heavy trailer. The best All Terrain (IMHO), heavy ply tough all around tire. A Discount tire guy talked me into trying the Falken equivalent once. Within 10,000 miles they had road hazard replaced 2 of them because the rubber was coming off in chunks, once down to the cords, when off roading. They worked out a prorate deal with me to get back on 4 BFG AT TAs. Problem solved.

When I replace my Duratraks on the TB I am going with Nito Ridge Grapplers for more aggressive off road performance than the BFG.
Steve
Okay thank you. What kind of off roading do you do?

Okay thank you. What kind of off roading do you do?
I am very hard on tires. I 4wheel in the desert and the mountains. The Falkins were coming off in chunks when I broke traction on hill climbs. But it is nothing that any good off road tire should be able to handle.

Steve

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back