What's new

Leveling kit hight

Scott41202

Reaction score
I want bilstein 5100's. Which ones fit on our trucks? I'd like to do a 2" level on mine. I also want to run 33x12.50 on 22x12 -44. Think it will rub with this combo?

I want bilstein 5100's. Which ones fit on our trucks? I'd like to do a 2" level on mine. I also want to run 33x12.50 on 22x12 -44. Think it will rub with this combo?
sounds good but likely will rub. Im on 33x12.5x20 with 1.5 inch leveling. I get full turn rub (flap is 2/3 cut held on by the 3 screws) but I love the look, I can't lift it or it won't fit in my garage

sounds good but likely will rub. Im on 33x12.5x20 with 1.5 inch leveling. I get full turn rub (flap is 2/3 cut held on by the 3 screws) but I love the look, I can't lift it or it won't fit in my garage
I have a question... I was told I should not level it because it already has a 2" lift without a drop diff bracket. They said my angles would be way off to where my cv's and ball joints would be at really bad angles. Is this true? I know it would be bad to put a 3" level on a stock truck.

I think I am just going to put a 4" Zone on it with bilstein 5100's. That way I can lift it a little more in the front if I need to.

I have a question... I was told I should not level it because it already has a 2" lift without a drop diff bracket. They said my angles would be way off to where my cv's and ball joints would be at really bad angles. Is this true? I know it would be bad to put a 3" level on a stock truck.

I think I am just going to put a 4" Zone on it with bilstein 5100's. That way I can lift it a little more in the front if I need to.
I have not replaced my UCAs yet. I'm not off roading and only 1.5" but I have seen recommendations for doing so. A Chevy dealer here did mine and made no recommendation about it. If it would've fit in my garage... Just do the lift and level !!!

I have not replaced my UCAs yet. I'm not off roading and only 1.5" but I have seen recommendations for doing so. A Chevy dealer here did mine and made no recommendation about it. If it would've fit in my garage... Just do the lift and level !!!
Gotcha. Yeah I agree. Thanks

So is the 1.5 inch lower strut spacer/block seem safe on cv/ball joint geometry ?? Im really wanting to pick mine up in the front to make it exactly level ... 2020 TB double cab

So is the 1.5 inch lower strut spacer/block seem safe on cv/ball joint geometry ?? Im really wanting to pick mine up in the front to make it exactly level ... 2020 TB double cab
I have seen that Cv's are fine but I would get after market uca's for sure. I haven't messed with my suspension as of yet. Hopefully later this year mine will be 4" taller.

You could probably drive forever with an $80 spacer lift.
I just felt better spending more and getting UCAs to go with the spacers to maintain proper angles.

What kit did you use ? I just had a Rough Country 1.5" leveling kit put in my 2022 Trail Boss and now im getting clunky turning going over bumps/up/down while turning over what would stress the front end. Just made another appointment with Chevy as they installed it.

What kit did you use ? I just had a Rough Country 1.5" leveling kit put in my 2022 Trail Boss and now im getting clunky turning going over bumps/up/down while turning over what would stress the front end. Just made another appointment with Chevy as they installed it.
I too have he RC kit that the dealer (chevy) installed. Considering change of the (stock) UCAs because of the posts about angles but I don't go off road much. Here is what my flaps look like after putting on the 35s

Attachments

• IMG_3646.JPG
    IMG_3646.JPG
    348.6 KB · Views: 226
I too have he RC kit that the dealer (chevy) installed. Considering change of the (stock) UCAs because of the posts about angles but I don't go off road much. Here is what my flaps look like after putting on the 35s
But RC says you dont need UCAs with just a 1.5" level. Any clunking on yours ?

But RC says you dont need UCAs with just a 1.5" level. Any clunking on yours ?
No clunking just rub. The UCAs are just a back of the mind thing. But I don't drive much off road let alone aggressively off road. I think most of the UCA changes are done (recommended) with the 1.75" and up

No clunking just rub. The UCAs are just a back of the mind thing. But I don't drive much off road let alone aggressively off road. I think most of the UCA changes are done (recommended) with the 1.75" and up
I dont offroad. I'm running stock everything besides the leveling kit. Hopefully it just needs a re torquing. I'm pissed.

Most Reactions

Back