What's new

Leveling kit

Lots of bad information out there on TB front end leveling. It's all over the net that you must change your control arms even if you are just going 1.5 or 2 inches to level it. Not true. I had a local off road shop quote me over 1,400.00 bucks to instal that kind of kit. Ironically I found my answer at my dealership. They have a factory approved, aftermarket spacer kit for just north of $500.00 installed including the required front end alignment. Perfect for my needs. YMMV.
do you know the kit number or info? thanks

do you know the kit number or info? thanks
Sorry, I don't. All they put on the receipt is level and align. My dealer is Courtesy Chevrolet in Phoenix. They have 2 guys working in a small department separate from parts department they call the Pro Shop. That's where they sell vehicle upgrade accessories. Both GM and 3rd party stuff. All I know is it is a 3rd party spacer and the control arms were not replaced. I think he said "They call it a 2" lift but in reality you get 1.5 to 1.75 out of it." My front end might be a hair less than level, it's so close you can't tell, I'm not sure. I do know it made a huge difference on my approach angle. I wheel my truck hard. Off road every inch of clearance is a big deal. I had already torn up the plastic part of my bumper under the passenger fog lights. I get through those rocks now. Getting the rake out of it makes it look much better to me. Also, I tow a heavy trailer. Thats what the rake is there for. I was concerned the truck was going to squat when towing. It handles it just fine. I got what I need, ground clearance and maintained towing ability.

Is anyone using the Bilstein adjustable struts for the front? I just need an inch to level.
I switched the rears to Bilstein and I was wanting to do the fronts also, but, I haven't heard much here about them being used on a TB.

Is anyone using the Bilstein adjustable struts for the front? I just need an inch to level.
I switched the rears to Bilstein and I was wanting to do the fronts also, but, I haven't heard much here about them being used on a TB.
I was going to go that route but had no luck finding the fronts. I did put bilstiens on the rear and then used the ready lift kit for the front. I bought the 1.75 kit but only installed the control arms and 1” too spacer. I didn’t use the .75” bottom spacer.
EA25D643-ABC9-4598-A252-F82A687A13C5.jpeg

Lots of bad information out there on TB front end leveling. It's all over the net that you must change your control arms even if you are just going 1.5 or 2 inches to level it. Not true. I had a local off road shop quote me over 1,400.00 bucks to instal that kind of kit. Ironically I found my answer at my dealership. They have a factory approved, aftermarket spacer kit for just north of $500.00 installed including the required front end alignment. Perfect for my needs. YMMV.
i think my local dealer goofed. I got the RC 1.5 inch leveling on my 19 TB for... $391 !!!

I have 295/70R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on stock rims with 1.25" hub-centric wheel spacers, this setup rubbed at full lock on front mud flaps, trimmed front flaps, was better but still rubbing on wheel well liner, added Supreme Suspensions 1" lower strut spacer, sits dead even now front to back and no more rubbing, minimal change to control arm/ball joint angle. I may have been able to avoid the rubbing by removing the wheel spacer, but I do like the wider & leveled stance
Is this the part you used? Product Number: A0510 It doesn't specify specific for TB just Silverado, that's why I ask. This setup still working well for ya? Also are you running stock wheels? Their info says lugs will need to be cut for 1.5" spacer?

Last edited:
I have 1.5” spacers on stock 18” wheels. No stud cutting necessary. The back of the TB wheels are dished out.

Is this the part you used? Product Number: A0510 It doesn't specify specific for TB just Silverado, that's why I ask. This setup still working well for ya? Also are you running stock wheels? Their info says lugs will need to be cut for 1.5" spacer?
What I ordered was from americantrucks.com, they do not currently have the 1" lower strut spacer listed or in stock by supreme suspensions, but that is what I used. It installed without much trouble. I did not need to cut the studs to add the hub centric spacer either. I am happy with the setup, have just over 10,000 miles and it has been working well.

@Brando. Do you think 295,70s would fit without rubbing. Some TB members have said they can run 295 without making any changes. I’m trying to avoiding making to many changes.
I was able to put 33x12.5x20 on my truck without a level. It rubbed a little but I took the mud flap off and made a small cut into it and put the mud flap back on. No rub

Hey guys, there seems to be many options on how to level our trucks. How did you level your truck and what company did you go with. Some people tell me you cannot just at the strut spacers. If I can and reading throughout the posts I can fit 295 70r18 without having to level.
Malibu- So with the help of many others here and after hours of reading articles , research etc.. I just did a basic level kit that's cost around 700 bucks installed. I was able to put 295/70/18 Toyo High Country tires on with zero rub. They said I might get some minor rubbing at full lock if I hit a pothole, etc.. So far that happened a few times with zero rub.

Listen to what the guys say here on TB. They know much more than I do and learned a lot from others. The biggest problem with just a level kit and rubbing will occur if you run a wider tire. My 2006 F250 needed a hearty lift and I'm running a wide BF Goodrich AT. (35s) Chevy does not design there trucks with a wide enough wheel well IMO. Hope this helps. Take care and be safe out there!!

It is 100% doable to run 295/70r18 on stock Trail Boss without rubbing and without a level or lift as long as you do a bit of plastic trimming and remove the bracket… you can even do a true 35in tire.

Does anybody have the 20" wheels and tried to max out a stock set up?

P275/60R20 are the stock tires on the 20s I believe. They are just shy of 11" wide and are 33" tall.

I'd think a P275/65R20 would fit without rubbing. Same width but adds an inch in tire height.

Or even move to a P285/65R20. Truck get a measly 3/4" off the ground but gives you a tire height of about 34.5" and a width of just over 11". It seems that should fit if you are getting P295/70R18s on there with minimal rub.

Malibu- So with the help of many others here and after hours of reading articles , research etc.. I just did a basic level kit that's cost around 700 bucks installed. I was able to put 295/70/18 Toyo High Country tires on with zero rub. They said I might get some minor rubbing at full lock if I hit a pothole, etc.. So far that happened a few times with zero rub.

Listen to what the guys say here on TB. They know much more than I do and learned a lot from others. The biggest problem with just a level kit and rubbing will occur if you run a wider tire. My 2006 F250 needed a hearty lift and I'm running a wide BF Goodrich AT. (35s) Chevy does not design there trucks with a wide enough wheel well IMO. Hope this helps. Take care and be safe out there!!
What was your “basic level kit”?

Most Reactions

Back