What's new

Leveling kit

Cleto

Reaction score
New to group hoping for some answers.
I saw leveling kits have been talked about before but I was wondering if there is any out there that won’t void warranty. I bought the one dealer said to buy, but now they are saying that GM sent out a bulletin not to level Trailboss because it breaking upper control arms. This same kit used to be available on GM accessories site and now it’s gone. I bought extended warranty so obviously not look to throw that out the window just yet. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I doubt any reputable kit that includes upper control arms will ever break during “normal” usage. Is it possible GM may try to deny a warranty claim on a lifted truck with front suspension problems? Yes
The suspension would be the last thing I would worry about on these trucks😬

New to group hoping for some answers.
I saw leveling kits have been talked about before but I was wondering if there is any out there that won’t void warranty. I bought the one dealer said to buy, but now they are saying that GM sent out a bulletin not to level Trailboss because it breaking upper control arms. This same kit used to be available on GM accessories site and now it’s gone. I bought extended warranty so obviously not look to throw that out the window just yet. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
I didnt see this bulletin ! I just had Chevy install my 1.5" Rough Country leveling kit. Rought country said I do NOT need new UCA's. BUT I just made another appointment because im getting some decent clunking sound at slow speed turning going up and over bumps.

I didnt see this bulletin ! I just had Chevy install my 1.5" Rough Country leveling kit. Rought country said I do NOT need new UCA's. BUT I just made another appointment because im getting some decent clunking sound at slow speed turning going up and over bumps.
Let me know what they find. I can even copy and send you the GM Service Bulletin if you like. What’s funny though is there still is a 2”!lift available on the GM accessories website that comes up for these trucks but if you scroll down to the bottom of the details it says do not install on a Trailboss or AT4.

IF there was a chance on warranty void, the Chevy dealer that ordered and installed my 1.5" leveling kit they said nothing.

Please install RC forged control arms part#29501. These arms aren't "needed" but they deffinetlty fix the the ball joint angle. And you don't wanna have a horror story on the road in the future...
FB_IMG_1639594385145.jpg

Attachments

• 20211218_165358.jpg
    20211218_165358.jpg
    741.6 KB · Views: 112
I agree with installing RC arms, the dealer wouldn’t install so it’s not on yet. I’m going to talk to Service Manager when he comes back from Covid and see what all it would void. As long as it doesn’t effect powertrain I’ll probably do something around 50,000. Just hate to throw away the extended warranty so soon.

Most Reactions

Back