What's new

Lifter failure at 12,600 miles and catalytic converter replacement for Trailboss 2021

latrailboss21

Reaction score
At 12600 miles my lifter failed on cylinder #2. The dealership was able to replace lifters on both sides under warranty. It took about a week for repairs. I picked up the truck and the engine light came back on. The catalytic converter needs to be replaced because of the lifter failure. Be advise that I did not have any symptoms before the engine light came on besides a little shaking. I took the truck to the dealership as soon as my light came on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220517-144010_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220517-144010_Instagram.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 82
At 12600 miles my lifter failed on cylinder #2. The dealership was able to replace lifters on both sides under warranty. It took about a week for repairs. I picked up the truck and the engine light came back on. The catalytic converter needs to be replaced because of the lifter failure. Be advise that I did not have any symptoms before the engine light came on besides a little shaking. I took the truck to the dealership as soon as my light came on.
Sorry to hear this happened! Build date? 5.3 or 6.2?

Its a 5.3, build date September 24 2020
For what it’s worth, I have a 5.3 w/ build date of 8/20 and I had a lifter fail at 16000 miles. They replaced both banks (after I made a big scene because they were only going to replace one side), and truck has been flawless since. Currently at 26,000 miles. It’s always in the back of my mind that it’s a design issue not a bad parts issue, but the issue hasn’t repeated itself to this point.

Just had the same thing happen to me last week but dealership told me they could only replace the side that failed, per GM. It also dumped fuel on my catalytic converter and fried it. Bought the Pulsar Lt and installed it Saturday, so hopefully I don’t have to deal with collapsed lifters again.

Just had the same thing happen to me last week but dealership told me they could only replace the side that failed, per GM. It also dumped fuel on my catalytic converter and fried it. Bought the Pulsar Lt and installed it Saturday, so hopefully I don’t have to deal with collapsed lifters again.
I installed the Pulsar LT at approximately 5000 miles as well as a catch can. My 2020 TB was built Sept 20 and has the 6.2. I have 19,200 miles and seem to be ok. Add the catch can too. Cheap mod that keeps the bad oil blow by from being returned to the cylinders to be burnt..

Most Reactions

Back