What's new

Lifter issues again

yeeesh, yall should've got the 2.7 TurboMax with the 100K powertrain warranty; I didn't have any lifter issues when I had a '22 2.7 TB

Had like 30K,40K,50K miles with no issues outside of software shenanigans before I traded it

Compact turbo engines are an entirely different, and much worse, world of pain. At least with the DFM V8's, you can remove the DFM system and have a forever motor.

Compact turbo engines are an entirely different, and much worse, world of pain. At least with the DFM V8's, you can remove the DFM system and have a forever motor.
Admittedly lazy to my approach to this, but I have shopped around and can't seem to find a shop or anyone (they are obviously out there) that is willing to do a DFM delete.
I'm in Colorado, anyone know a shop/mechanic?

It’s definitely not s simple process and doubt there are many reputable shops willing to do it AND guarantee their work😬.

Admittedly lazy to my approach to this, but I have shopped around and can't seem to find a shop or anyone (they are obviously out there) that is willing to do a DFM delete.
I'm in Colorado, anyone know a shop/mechanic?

There are two facets to the DFM delete. First the hardware has to be changed out - any reputable engine shop should be able to do this part. The second part is the software - this is the trickier part, you'll want to contact the tuning guys - like Black Bear, WAMS, Trifecta...etc. It probably will take some calling around to get the tuning part covered, not a lot of tuners handle the newer generations encrypted modules. Maybe start by contacting the shops that supply the parts - Google Search. They might be able to point you to an installer and tuner.

I'm not aware of any shop that can do both in-house...but it's possible they exist.

Just rolled over 20K on my 6.2 last week with no issues. I bought an extended warranty so at least it's covered for the amount of time I have a loan on it!
Did you get the GM factory extended warranty? Where / how did you buy it?

Just a question for everyone, how often do you do oil changes? I have done mine at 500 miles, 2500 miles then every 4k miles after and I am at 34k miles no issues. I will probably jinx myself by posting this.

Did you get the GM factory extended warranty? Where / how did you buy it?
It wasn't a GM warranty, the dealer offered me whoever they use as the extended warranty. I don't remember what the name of the company was. I'd have to find my paperwork and see what it says.

Just a question for everyone, how often do you do oil changes? I have done mine at 500 miles, 2500 miles then every 4k miles after and I am at 34k miles no issues. I will probably jinx myself by posting this.
I initially changed at 1028 miles. I wanted to do 500, but missed it. Done 3 oil changes since then at 5,285, 5,766 and 5,730 miles between changes. My target has been 6K miles, but had reasons to change it a bit early. I've got about 1,000 miles before I'm due to change it again. I'm at 20,6xx miles right now.

i am sure a shop like PIETZ can handle doing both....LMR, BOOST DISTRICT...etc.

the issue is where most of are located, compared to them. most are not willing to SHIP the vehicle to be fixed.

I initially changed at 1028 miles. I wanted to do 500, but missed it. Done 3 oil changes since then at 5,285, 5,766 and 5,730 miles between changes. My target has been 6K miles, but had reasons to change it a bit early. I've got about 1,000 miles before I'm due to change it again. I'm at 20,6xx miles right now.

As long as you aren't doing really extended intervals...like well above 10k miles...it's not going to make a difference in the lifter life.

I change mine according to the OCI displayed by the dash on my truck. It's usually around 7-8k miles. I use Castrol Edge Full Syntheitc and FRAM Synthetic guard filter. I have approximately 130K miles on mine, and no lifter issues. I pulled the heads and intake to take a look at everything a few weeks ago and the engine surfaces were in excellent shape. I pulled all the lifters and checked the cam lobes at the same time and they were in excellent condition. I went ahead and replaced the lifters and pushrods while I was in there, and buttoned it all back up. There are A LOT of people with high mileage on these motors, they are not prone to failure as often as people would have you believe.

20240519_143919resized.jpg

20240519_172609.jpg

Resized.jpg

20240519_171426.jpg

yeeesh, yall should've got the 2.7 TurboMax with the 100K powertrain warranty; I didn't have any lifter issues when I had a '22 2.7 TB

Had like 30K,40K,50K miles with no issues outside of software shenanigans before I traded it
They should make a 7.2 TurboMax👍👍

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back