What's new

Lifter law suit finally

Edktm

Reaction score
I see that a class action law suit has been filed.
What do you guys think? Like how long do these things take?
In the meantime my daughter tows with our 2021 6.2 a horse trailer from NJ to Ocala.. I feel sick just knowing what could happen..

Attachments

• D5A65835-0D31-42EA-A4E2-AB140EC996D4.jpeg
    D5A65835-0D31-42EA-A4E2-AB140EC996D4.jpeg
    423 KB · Views: 138
Good for the lawyers is about all I see with virtually all class action lawsuits.

GM is fixing every broken engine. What else can they do at this point? Lets see how they handle things when lifters break after the warranty ends😬
I’d feel a lot better if I could see some numbers / percentages. GM sells almost a million trucks a year. I hope I got a good one😬
My 2008 Suburban 5.3 with AFM was going strong at 200k miles when I sold it👍

Last edited:
According to this video GM has issued a service update for the lifters. So I’m guessing that if you haven’t had your lifters replaced you can take your truck in and have it done before they go out.

I had lifters on both sides replaced along with valve springs and push rods at 4500 and 5500 miles. Luckily those parts come with a 2yr unlimited miles warranty should they fail again after my 36k warranty is up.

I understand it to mean GM is preemptively repairing the lifter problem at the dealer level prior to new vehicles being sold/delivered to buyers. I don’t think the million plus current owners can just drop off our 5.3 or 6.2 equipped trucks/Suvs at the service department and they’ll take care of it before it happens.

I understand it to mean GM is preemptively repairing the lifter problem at the dealer level prior to new vehicles being sold/delivered to buyers. I don’t think the million plus current owners can just drop off our 5.3 or 6.2 equipped trucks/Suvs at the service department and they’ll take care of it before it happens.

which is my dilemma.. My daughter tows horses! I don’t want this thing taking a dump towing in the middle of nowhere.. Parents worst nightmare. I sold my 2016 duramax with the fuel pump issues to avoid this aggravating stuff.

100% agree. I have considered selling my TB at probably more than I paid for it and buying a Tundra. I really like my truck and have no complaints but this issue is always on my mind every time I start it😬

I have a 2021 5.3L Trail Boss with the 6 Speed Transmission. This one has the AFM system, L82 Engine. Upon research and talking to two buddies of mine at the GM Dealer they told me to buy this drivetrain combination. It has less horsepower than the 6.2 but its enough for me. So far no issues....miles are only 8000 though. Own it for 8 months now. Keeping my fingers crossed !

100% agree. I have considered selling my TB at probably more than I paid for it and buying a Tundra. I really like my truck and have no complaints but this issue is always on my mind every time I start it😬
Exactly the same feeling here.
Its always a concern and I told my dealer I'll consider a buy back option in 6 months.

Huh? A buy back on a non broken vehicle?
After 15k or 6 months.
With a shortage of trucks they will call on people with certain trucks an offer to buy it back or put toward a trade.
Ford does this too.

So not a buy back. Just them willing to buy for inventory.

2021 TB 6.2, 9800 miles. Started making a low rotational noise 1-15 MPH. Seemed to go away after 15 MPH or was no longer audible. Couldn't reproduce while stationary. Been at the dealer since December 17th (no staff to look at it and others in front of it). Dealer called on the 1/5 and advised they pulled the oil pan and main bearings 7/8 were scored. GM decided on Friday to replace the engine.

Truck hasn't been abused or worked hard. One oil change at the dealership.

Engine is on order. Might get my truck back end of this week but not holding my breath.

you’re right they won’t . I just bought mine on Dec. 6th and I asked the service dept. specifically about this article claiming they are fixing them before they deliver the new truck. They told me that service bulletin was only for a very few specific trucks that were built during roughly a one month period last fall and it did not apply to my truck. They are not preemptively repairing anything outside of that very small window of vehicles. That article was very misleading and did not specifically spell out the correct details. Sorry, you’ll still have to wait til it breaks.

Most Reactions

Back