What's new

Lifter problem

kwscurly

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Trail Boss. At 22,500 the lifters failed and had the same ticking, warning lights and engine failure as other owners experienced. I asked the dealership the probability of another failure. Their answer was “ it could happen again”. How does somebody sell a truck to another person, knowing there could be a problem awaiting that person. GM should purchase the truck back.

If they repaired only one side, the other side can definitely fail. The repaired one probably won't.

It's called "Buyer Beware". The onus is on the buyer not the seller. The seller only needs to disclose what they're legally required to under law. They cannot lie. If they don't have proof of anything they don't have to admit to it for liability reasons. Thank the lawyers for screwing everybody on this one.

I have a 2020 Trail Boss. At 22,500 the lifters failed and had the same ticking, warning lights and engine failure as other owners experienced. I asked the dealership the probability of another failure. Their answer was “ it could happen again”. How does somebody sell a truck to another person, knowing there could be a problem awaiting that person. GM should purchase the truck back.

Unfortunately if the rules you propose were followed, there would be no new trucks for sale. Every single GM and FCA V8 has this problem - because they all use the same lifters. The alternatives are Ford and Toyota's turbo V6s which both have chronic fatal issues of their own. There are no fixes for this problem outside of removing the offending system from the engine, and the automakers cannot do that. This is the reality created by our government attempting to legislate technological progress into existence.

Most Reactions

Back