What's new

looking for ideas for my exhaust tips

agerage

Reaction score
hey everyone I have a 22 TB LT with 6.2L sand dune metallic. I was thinking of blacking out the exhaust tips. or putting on different tip on. not sure what i want to do. I believe that it is a 2 3/4 inlet im just not 100% though.
I just wondering if anyone changed out the tips to a duel round, a new rectangle tip or just black out the existing tips

any help would be great \thanks every one

I haven’t done the swap as I plan to put in a new aftermarket exhaust with the tips but I believe Chevy sells the blacked out rectangular tips on their website. Also look through the “What did you do to your trail boss today?” thread where a few people have painted the exhaust tips themselves.

hey everyone I have a 22 TB LT with 6.2L sand dune metallic. I was thinking of blacking out the exhaust tips. or putting on different tip on. not sure what i want to do. I believe that it is a 2 3/4 inlet im just not 100% though.
I just wondering if anyone changed out the tips to a duel round, a new rectangle tip or just black out the existing tips

any help would be great \thanks every one
aren't the exhaust tips on the new on different from the older models? I took my exhaust tips off and painted black.

aren't the exhaust tips on the new on different from the older models? I took my exhaust tips off and painted black.
I havent taking them off yet but they appear to be the same as the 2020 but i could be wrong as well
what kind of paint did you use?

I haven’t done the swap as I plan to put in a new aftermarket exhaust with the tips but I believe Chevy sells the blacked out rectangular tips on their website. Also look through the “What did you do to your trail boss today?” thread where a few people have painted the exhaust tips themselves.
thanks i will check it out

I havent taking them off yet but they appear to be the same as the 2020 but i could be wrong as well
what kind of paint did you use?
I have seen people use plasti dip which I think could hold up the best but I honestly just used good quality matte black paint with primer. You could maybe get the high heat black paint for like grills but they are not near anything that is hot since on bumper

I have seen people use plasti dip which I think could hold up the best but I honestly just used good quality matte black paint with primer. You could maybe get the high heat black paint for like grills but they are not near anything that is hot since on bumper
awesome thank you

awesome thank you
Welcome ! I haven’t had any issues with mine. No flaking or messing up of any kind
7A7980FA-929D-4724-8234-1D21FA5EE7B0.jpeg

19 TB Custom, I blacked out everything. I did the swap with powder coated matte black off ebay(small credit back for my chrome tips). I've seen the dual round tips in matte, looks nice too. The swap can be a pain but I enjoyed doing it myself. Some have simply taped off and painted. Good luck

19 TB Custom, I blacked out everything. I did the swap with powder coated matte black off ebay(small credit back for my chrome tips). I've seen the dual round tips in matte, looks nice too. The swap can be a pain but I enjoyed doing it myself. Some have simply taped off and painted. Good luck
Im still not too sure what i want to do but i am leaning to powder coating or painting them all i know i want to get rid of the rest of the chrome.
i will be switching out the chrome 6.2 on the hood for black with red outline next weekend.. then i just have to black out or red out the chrome in the front bowtie

Same here. I just painted them matte black and done. The tips aren't actually connected to the exhaust and are really only for show. If my bumper didn't have the cut outs, I would've left them off.

Same here. I just painted them matte black and done. The tips aren't actually connected to the exhaust and are really only for show. If my bumper didn't have the cut outs, I would've left them off.
cool cool thank you for the ideas

Most Reactions

Back