What's new

Muffler Delete

TonyBoss

Reaction score
Anyone done the muffler delete and regretted it afterwards? Any drone after the delete?

Anyone done the muffler delete and regretted it afterwards? Any drone after the delete?
I have the AFE muffler delete. I love it. Was only 100$ and also got rid of flapper valve. No drone but I also have pulsar LT. I just recently ordered the AWE exhaust cause I wanted it a bit louder

Did the afe delete from American Trucks. I did leave the flapper valve in place so that at highway speeds there's no drone. I love the sound and don't regret it at all.

Did the afe delete from American Trucks. I did leave the flapper valve in place so that at highway speeds there's no drone. I love the sound and don't regret it at all.
Can you post a video of your truck at idle and revving? I'd love to get a little more sound but definitely no highway drone.
Thanks

Startup/Idle. Will get a rev video tomorrow when its not so windy. My apologies gentlemen, can't get the videos to load from my phone. If there's some other way let me know.

Last edited:
I have the AFE muffler delete. I love it. Was only 100$ and also got rid of flapper valve. No drone but I also have pulsar LT. I just recently ordered the AWE exhaust cause I wanted it a bit louder
I have the AWE true dual exhaust system with the diamond black tips. I'll add a link to my YouTube channel so you can see/hear it.

While I love my AWE exhaust, my experience with them was anything but smooth. First I was told it would arrive in 2 weeks. Then I got an email saying it would be 4 weeks. Then I got another email saying it would be shipped on a date 6 weeks after I ordered it. When that date came and went I called them and was given the run around until someone finally told me it would ship the following week, 7 weeks after I ordered it. When it arrived, it was missing the special bell clamps that hold on the last section of pipe the tips mount to. It was a Sunday and I went to at least a dozen muffler shops and auto parts stores but couldn't find anything big enough. I found something close, bought them and, using a longer bolt, made them work as a temporary solution. I called AWE and was told new ones would be shipped out. They weren't. I called again and finally got someone to overnight me 2 clamps. They apologized and said they would send me a care package and reimburse me for the temporary clamps. I didn't get either until I complained after not receiving either for close to 2 months. Fantastic product. Horrible customer service.

I have the AWE true dual exhaust system with the diamond black tips. I'll add a link to my YouTube channel so you can see/hear it.

While I love my AWE exhaust, my experience with them was anything but smooth. First I was told it would arrive in 2 weeks. Then I got an email saying it would be 4 weeks. Then I got another email saying it would be shipped on a date 6 weeks after I ordered it. When that date came and went I called them and was given the run around until someone finally told me it would ship the following week, 7 weeks after I ordered it. When it arrived, it was missing the special bell clamps that hold on the last section of pipe the tips mount to. It was a Sunday and I went to at least a dozen muffler shops and auto parts stores but couldn't find anything big enough. I found something close, bought them and, using a longer bolt, made them work as a temporary solution. I called AWE and was told new ones would be shipped out. They weren't. I called again and finally got someone to overnight me 2 clamps. They apologized and said they would send me a care package and reimburse me for the temporary clamps. I didn't get either until I complained after not receiving either for close to 2 months. Fantastic product. Horrible customer service.
Yeah I can’t wait for mine. I was told 4 weeks. Ordered it roughly 2 weeks ago. So I’m sure I have few more weeks lol. But that sounds awesome.

Most Reactions

Back