What's new

New '22 Custom Trail Boss 6.2L owner here

HopnDude

Reaction score
Upgraded from my 2016 GMC Canyon Crew Cab All Terrain. We needed a larger vehicle for our family.

Got a good price on trade in, good price on the truck and my brothers GM Employee Discount.

So, I now own a 2022 Trail Boss w/ 6.2L. It has the Auto Start/Stop but doesn't seem to have Sport mode. Got it straight off the showroom floor with 2 miles on the odometer.

Ordered or Installed;
-Husky Fender Well Liners...............................................................................[INSTALLED]
-K&N 57-3108 (Intake Elbow and Air Filter for OEM Airbox)............[INSTALLED]
-JLT Oil Catch Can...............................................................................................[INSTALLED]
-Hopkins inSIGHT trailer brake controller.................................................[INSTALLED]
-TAC Side Steps....................................................................................................[INSTALLED]
-Gibson Exhaust PN-65692.............................................................................[INSTALLED]
-Tonneau Cover....................................................................................................[INSTALLED]
-Fog Lights (OEM kit).........................................................................................[INSTALLED]
-8" Screen and Controls (project)
-Front Door Speakers - Cerwin Vega's........................................................[INSTALLED]
-STILLEN Cold Air Scoop...................................................................................[INSTALLED]
-Kicker TL7T 12" w/ Cap/Amp (thumps really well)...............................[INSTALLED]
-Full LAS FIT LED light conversion................................................................[INSTALLED]

Next Items;
-Spray-In Bed Liner (looking at the RAPTOR DIY kit)
-In-Track Rain Guards (unsure at this time)
-Underdrive Balancer Pulley (10% from ATI or 23% from UPD)
-Soler 91MM Throttle Body

Pondering;
-Headers (not sure if Short or Long)

Dunno, seems pretty basic IMO, seems like a fun truck, only at 140 miles on the odometer, and haven't given it a WOT pull yet, probably wait till close to 500 mile mark, but does seem rather peppy for a half ton truck.

When I went to do the trade in.
20220204_162935.jpg

Sh!t escalated pretty quick.

20220214_141307.jpg

20220304_221235.jpg

20220304_221211.jpg

20220703_210911.jpg

20220704_153338.jpg

....and the hard to swallow truth. 26.3mpg cruising through traffic heading up to Michigan for vacation, going between 55-65 mph on 93oct with all the above.

20220626_114003.jpg

Last edited:
Things have gotten out of hand.

More parts ordered;
-TAC Sidewinder steps
-Gibson Exhaust

Couldn't pass up on the exhaust, it was $365 shipped for the Gibson 64692 kit. It's only T409 stainless, but should last me the life of the truck.

Last edited:
Just finished doing a full LED conversion to get my lights all to match the add on OEM fog lights.

Went all LASFIT and they look pretty damn slick! Big improvement over stock.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220730-162657_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220730-162657_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 23
Haven't updated, just added some photos and additional details.

I’m having the hardest time trying install the Lasfit low beams. Jesus Christ this is ridiculous. I can get the bulb into the housing loosely but it will not twist to lock into place once in the housing. Any tips?

I’m having the hardest time trying install the Lasfit low beams. Jesus Christ this is ridiculous. I can get the bulb into the housing loosely but it will not twist to lock into place once in the housing. Any tips?
It's key'd. Ensure the key of the new LASFIT bulbs match the old OEM's you're removing. Before butoning it up, ensure that you've got them plugged in the right way. I had to replug a bunch of stuff when I did all mine at once.

It's key'd. Ensure the key of the new LASFIT bulbs match the old OEM's you're removing. Before butoning it up, ensure that you've got them plugged in the right way. I had to replug a bunch of stuff when I did all mine at once.
I gave up the night I made this post. Came back in the morning to try again. I barely even touched the bulbs and they smacked right into place. Smh LOL!

Reactions: JBJ
Just finished doing a full LED conversion to get my lights all to match the add on OEM fog lights.

Went all LASFIT and they look pretty damn slick! Big improvement over stock.
I order the LASFIT full led conversion kit as you did. I have the LT trail boss 2022LTD. I was just wondering if you replaced the front side marker lights also? I can see how to do taillights and turn signals third brake light etc. Problem is getting at front side marker light.

I order the LASFIT full led conversion kit as you did. I have the LT trail boss 2022LTD. I was just wondering if you replaced the front side marker lights also? I can see how to do taillights and turn signals third brake light etc. Problem is getting at front side marker light.
Yes, I did those too. They're twist sockets. Easier than the headlights.

I guess my question is I cant seem to find the socket for the side marker. You have the custom and I have the LT. There cant be that much difference I would thing.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back