What's new

New here, 2 trucks

Prometheus

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to the forum! I currently have a 2020 Silverado 1500 RST. It is a 5.3 with the Z71 package. After having it 2 years I decided it was time for an upgrade to get what I really want so I ordered a 2022 Silverado LT Trail Boss with a 6.2! Dealer told me 4-6 months out so I have some time to decide what lift or level I want to do day one as well as new tires. Here’s pics of the current truck and the new build!

Attachments

• 2DE52B21-BF7B-48BA-A7A8-669549066B5E.jpeg
    2DE52B21-BF7B-48BA-A7A8-669549066B5E.jpeg
    508.3 KB · Views: 29
  • C59EEA15-28BC-487A-949B-706C32DBAD85.jpeg
    C59EEA15-28BC-487A-949B-706C32DBAD85.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 29
I've debated going aftermarket with a lift or level and I arrived at the conclusion that these trucks are pretty well-balanced in terms of lift and suspension and that going aftermarket introduces more negative variables than it does positive ones.

Stock TB is at 10.8 for ground clearance which is more than enough. While there are some situations where you'd wish for more those aren't really places where you'd want to gamble with a $60k truck.

I do a ton of off-roading in Colorado and stock lift and suspension honestly feel perfect on OHV trails and Jeep trails but the width gets dicey. I've handled pitches around 16 degree just fine with only a few pucker moments.

All this to say a guy posted a while back about the suspension and curing the bottom out issue and that's got me reevaluating.

Now if you're not going off-road and you're looking cosmetic then go nuts! But I figured I'd share what I've found

I've debated going aftermarket with a lift or level and I arrived at the conclusion that these trucks are pretty well-balanced in terms of lift and suspension and that going aftermarket introduces more negative variables than it does positive ones.

Stock TB is at 10.8 for ground clearance which is more than enough. While there are some situations where you'd wish for more those aren't really places where you'd want to gamble with a $60k truck.

I do a ton of off-roading in Colorado and stock lift and suspension honestly feel perfect on OHV trails and Jeep trails but the width gets dicey. I've handled pitches around 16 degree just fine with only a few pucker moments.

All this to say a guy posted a while back about the suspension and curing the bottom out issue and that's got me reevaluating.

Now if you're not going off-road and you're looking cosmetic then go nuts! But I figured I'd share what I've found
That is really great insight! Thank you for that. The plan for a lift is for function off road and cosmetics. I am leaning towards doing a 2” suspension lift with 35” tires. Not too crazy on the lift but still looks great

4-6 months seems a little long, no? I'd bet it'll be much closer to 4, hopefully even less.
That’s just what I was told by the dealer. I’m hoping they’re just padding that wait time to cover their asses. I’m in sales and honestly, I do the same with wait times. I usually add 2-4 weeks to my lead times

That is really great insight! Thank you for that. The plan for a lift is for function off road and cosmetics. I am leaning towards doing a 2” suspension lift with 35” tires. Not too crazy on the lift but still looks great
I'd suggest giving it a few runs at stock. My last truck was a '17 Midnight Edition with a 4' lift and it was great but the TB just feels much nimbler and more powerful at stock height than my last truck. Both had similar setups with a Pulsar, nice CAI, and exhaust overhaul.

I think you'll be happy either way and I go through phases where I want those extra inches that a suspension lift gives. I'm also a family man so piling 3 kids into the truck is way more convenient which is half my motivation.

Post the pics once you're set and let us know how it rides. Good possible chance I'll follow your lead if you love it!

I'd suggest giving it a few runs at stock. My last truck was a '17 Midnight Edition with a 4' lift and it was great but the TB just feels much nimbler and more powerful at stock height than my last truck. Both had similar setups with a Pulsar, nice CAI, and exhaust overhaul.

I think you'll be happy either way and I go through phases where I want those extra inches that a suspension lift gives. I'm also a family man so piling 3 kids into the truck is way more convenient which is half my motivation.

Post the pics once you're set and let us know how it rides. Good possible chance I'll follow your lead if you love it!
I’ll try to stay updated on here. Probably won’t be much activity from me in the next few months since the truck isn’t here yet though

That’s just what I was told by the dealer. I’m hoping they’re just padding that wait time to cover their asses. I’m in sales and honestly, I do the same with wait times. I usually add 2-4 weeks to my lead times
What's the old saying? Under promise, over deliver.
Hope you get it soon, I know how painful the wait can be.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back