What's new

New Owner and New Member!!!

FirstNewTruck

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am New to the forum. Just picked up a 2021 Custom Trail Boss. Glad I found this forum, already learned quite a bit. I am wondering if anyone has suggestions for a hard bed cover? Took a long time to talk my wife into getting rid of the SUV. Now she is worried about storage while vacationing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20210519_190615.jpg
    20210519_190615.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 16
I bought the roll n lock a series for mine. Took a few days to get it completely adjusted and shimmed correctly….kept opening while driving…but after that it’s absolutely perfect for my needs

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 8
I too have the Roll-N-Lock. The only problem is the plastic end on the passenger side track. I have to hold it all the way to close. Otherwise, this roll top is sweet. I paid about $1900 fully installed.

I too have the Roll-N-Lock. The only problem is the plastic end on the passenger side track. I have to hold it all the way to close. Otherwise, this roll top is sweet. I paid about $1900 fully installed.
Had same issue…I put some washers in the clamp closest to the bed…the small Allen key one and it moved the track to a more upright position

I went with the Back Flip. A three panel fold up. I like it so far. Easy to use. Will come completely off if you want it to with no hasle. My deeler recomended it over the more expensive roll ups for durabilty sake. No moving parts like springs, cables ect. I like that. It is NOT waterproof. I don't think any of them are. They call it 95% waterproof. It is very secure with no aditional locks to deal with. You cant open it unless the tailgait is down. Also, I do recomend getting the real Back Flip brand. There is cheap imatations. I can't see them holding up as well.

I spend a lot of time off road. I haul a lot of sensitive and expensive equipment in the bed. Once you put a cover on a Trail Boss bed you will quickly discover there is a 1/4" gap around three sides of the tailgate and the bed. When your on dirt trails the venturi effect kicks in and sucks dirt into your covered bed like a shop vac filled it up! Easy fix. I put 3/8" adhesive weather stripping all the way around on the bed side to form a seat for the tailgate to mate to. All is well now.

Kind Regards,
Steve

Congrats on the new Trail Boss and Welcome!

Hi. New member. I won’t be a new owner until next week. I was trying to get everything I wanted from the factory. Because of my choices I was told it would probably be December with the 6.2L. Located a real close match coming to a dealership 50 miles away. I already have add-ons waiting in my living room.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back