What's new

New to the Truck AND Chevy world

vtecluder617

Reaction score
Just picked this up in January. ‘21 TB LT 5.3L with sunroof. Had my mind set on a black one, but saw this on the lot and instantly fell in love with the color! Definitely unique looking. It converted this life long Honda owner over. Honda doesn’t make a real truck, so I knew I had to look elsewhere when I was in the market for one. Could’ve went with a Tundra if I wanted to stay with the “imports” but didn’t like the look of them and quite frankly they’re crazy expensive for a similarly equipped one. Out of all the domestic trucks, the new Trail Boss stuck out as the better option, in regards to looks, price, and reputation. Just my 2 cents, and that’s coming from a truck world outsider.

IMG_E3520.JPG

IMG_E3912.JPG

IMG_E3914.JPG

IMG_E3916.JPG

IMG_E3921.JPG

Last edited:
Congratulations nice truck!
Thank you! Definitely happy with the purchase. I just hope I see some longevity in it like I did with all my Hondas over the years. Would love to keep this truck maintained and running well for as long as possible.

I’ve owed many Chevys and Japanese imports. Gota admit the Japanese vehicles were rock solid reliable but I enjoyed my Vettes, Tahoes, and Suburbans more👍

Yeah I'm not a fan of the Honda Ridgeline either. Just seems like a Honda Pilot with a bed thrown on the back of it. No doubt that the Tundras are great trucks but You're certainly gonna pay for the reliability. And hey if you did get one It would be soon to be outdated as the Tundra is getting a redesign in 2022 and it looks nothing like the old ones. Japanese car makers are always killer with reliability. American company's still make great trucks. Not impressed with the new 2021 f150's though. The new ones already have problems with rust. I've seen videos and those brand new trucks already have as much rust as a 20 year old truck. Anyways The Chevy Trailboss was a great choice. That 5.3 is great engine and has been around for a long time.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the Honda Ridgeline either. Just seems like a Honda Pilot with a bed thrown on the back of it. No doubt that the Tundras are great trucks but You're certainly gonna pay for the reliability. And hey if you did get one It would be soon to be outdated as the Tundra is getting a redesign in 2022 and it looks nothing like the old ones. Japanese car makers are always killer with reliability. American company's still make great trucks. Not impressed with the new 2021 f150's though. The new ones already have problems with rust. I've seen videos and those brand new trucks already have as much rust as a 20 year old truck. Anyways The Chevy Trailboss was a great choice. That 5.3 is great engine and has been around for a long time.
Totally agree! Since I wasn’t really familiar with the American Truck brands, I asked people their recommendation. No one recommended the Dodge Ram, and only 2 people I know said to get the F150. Everyone else leaned towards the Silverado. Worked out great, because honestly I think they look the nicest too 🙌

Yeah I'm not a fan of the Honda Ridgeline either. ... Japanese car makers are always killer with reliability. American company's still make great trucks. .... Anyways The Chevy Trailboss was a great choice. That 5.3 is great engine and has been around for a long time.
My 1993 Chevy Pickup was 100% reliable for 14 years, before I sold it and bought my 2007 Silverado. That truck was 100% reliable before I traded it for my 2011 Silverado LS Extended Cab. That truck was extremely reliable ... how can anything be more than 100% reliable? ... for ten years until I traded it a coupla weeks ago for a 2021 Trail Boss.

How can Jap cars be more than 100% reliable? It is FAKE NEWS that Jap cars and toy trucks are more reliable than American branded trucks. They are simply more expensive ... because they know they have a captive audience.

My 1993 Chevy Pickup was 100% reliable for 14 years, before I sold it and bought my 2007 Silverado. That truck was 100% reliable before I traded it for my 2011 Silverado LS Extended Cab. That truck was extremely reliable ... how can anything be more than 100% reliable? ... for ten years until I traded it a coupla weeks ago for a 2021 Trail Boss.

How can Jap cars be more than 100% reliable? It is FAKE NEWS that Jap cars and toy trucks are more reliable than American branded trucks. They are simply more expensive ... because they know they have a captive audience.
I mean, I never said anything was 100% reliable in my original post, including Japanese cars. From my PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, the Hondas I owned throughout the years were reliable as hell, never left me stranded. Millions of other Honda owners say the same thing. For me, all of them were used and had high mileage too. Accords, CRVs, Civics, etc. My 94 Accord had over 200K miles on it. Literally used to beat the hell out of that car too, redline to 6K rpms every gear I shifted. Ended up selling it with around 240K miles on it. Still ran fine. On the flip side? My first car was a 91 Chevy Corsica. Had under 80K miles on it and gave me nothing but problems. Ended up junking it.

Now that being said, I ended up buying the Chevy Silverado due to its reputation among American Truck brands. I was told to stay away from Dodge and Ford. I only have 800 miles on this TB. Only time will tell how reliable it will be for me 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Back