What's new

New Trail Boss Owner

Skywrench

Reaction score
Hi, Just picked up my Trail Boss yesterday. So far it's great! I traded a '21 Challenger Scat Pack widebody for it. I really missed having a truck bad. Nothing was wrong with the Dodge, just wasn't working for me. I have the LT model but due to the chip shortage it didn't come with certain things. The BEST thing it didn't come with is the start/stop nonsense. That was a plus for me! It has cloth seats which for me was another plus. I've never been a fan of leather seats. But there are also some other things which I didn't know. It does not have wireless car play. I thought that was standard on all of them now. I don't have any USB ports in the console. No inverter either so no in cab power or in the bed. Again, on a LT I thought those were standard. Everything else is good, has the new front end with a black bowtie.

Can those items not included be added? I mean the USB ports, is the harness in there and they just dont install the jacks? The no wireless car play I was really surprised but right on the sticker it said "Wired Apple Car Play". I suppose to add that I'd have to replace the entire radio module?

Also a new LT Trail Boss owner. And also am interested in the answers here. I have USB and micro? USB ports front and back. Mostly the wireless CarPlay I'm interested in because I hate wires. Inverter would be cool, but don't see myself using it that often. For the price point, I felt like the wireless car play should have been included. And does Chevy offer a wireless charging mat for your phone in front of the cup holder? That would have been the bees knees.

Also, is the center console supposed to come with a sliding shelf/tray type thing? Looks like it has rails for it but my truck had just come off the hauler the night before and they forgot to give me floor mats, so was thinking maybe they forgot this tray too?

Also a new LT Trail Boss owner. And also am interested in the answers here. I have USB and micro? USB ports front and back. Mostly the wireless CarPlay I'm interested in because I hate wires. Inverter would be cool, but don't see myself using it that often. For the price point, I felt like the wireless car play should have been included. And does Chevy offer a wireless charging mat for your phone in front of the cup holder? That would have been the bees knees.

Also, is the center console supposed to come with a sliding shelf/tray type thing? Looks like it has rails for it but my truck had just come off the hauler the night before and they forgot to give me floor mats, so was thinking maybe they forgot this tray too?
Agree about the inverter. You can charge a phone or maybe a laptop but you cant run power tools from it. Too many amps.
I do not know about the tray. I don't see anything in there that looks like it would hold one.
My biggest disappointment is not having wireless Apple Car Play. I really thought that was a standard feature on all of them now.

They did not forget the tray. Those rails are there to fit "file folder hangers". I made a bunch of jokes on another thread busting on Chevy for that. I should eat my words now. Last week I was wheeling in Moab, UT. Before I left for the trip I was looking for a place to put my paper maps. Guess what.....a file folder holder worked great. :)

Serch Silverado Console Organiser on Amazon. There are several trays made to fit the rails for about 20 bucks. Well worth it to keep small stuff out of the bottom of the cavern.

Steve

Just picked up a 2020 LT TB a couple weeks ago. It's missing the center console tray. Anyone have an aftermarket one they like or do you prefer the OEM one? I need something.

JKCOVER Center Console Organizer Tray Compatible with (2019-2022) Chevy Silverado 1500/GMC Sierra 1500 and 2020-2023 Silverado/Sierra 2500/3500 HD - Full Console w/Bucket Seats ONLY,Black trim https://a.co/d/1MjHxRG

Just picked up a 2020 LT TB a couple weeks ago. It's missing the center console tray. Anyone have an aftermarket one they like or do you prefer the OEM one? I need something.
There is no OEM tray, the trucks come with nothing in the console from factory. The Amazon ones will meet your needs.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back