What's new

No steering wheel radio controller

Vasquezoffive

Reaction score
01CBBE36-D4BC-4855-BE43-A8BBCA089A0A.png

Was wondering if this will plug and play on my steering wheel if I don’t have one ! Are the wires already there?? To plug a radio controller??

That controls the Bluetooth phone and scrolls through the driver info screen on my 21 TB?

That's funny that they call it a "Radio controller switch". I have that switch, but it doesn't control the radio.

That controls the Bluetooth phone and scrolls through the driver info screen on my 21 TB?
I don’t understand what you’re saying !

I just want to know if there is a plug behind the cover on the right side of the steering wheel??

What do you want these controls to do? Even if there is already a "plug", those knobs and buttons don't control the radio. They control your driver info screen and your bluetooth phone functions.

On some pre 2022 trucks it would control the radio. Not sure if it would work in a Custom, but in an LT it would.

My 2022 LT Limited is missing radio and phone controls in the DIC and I'm pretty sore about it.

I just want to know if there is a plug behind the cover on the right side of the steering wheel??
My 2021 LT definitely has a “plug” because those controllers function as intended. Pop yours off to see what’s behind it. Good luck👍

I don't think the DIC in a custom and an LT are the same. Even if a wire were there I'm not sure it would control the Custom's DIC.

IF you have a base custom, this won't do anything for you. When I ordered my 2021 Custom, I ordered the $390 safety confidence package that included a 4.2" color DIC that gives you the controller you pictured. On the BACK of the steering wheel on the left and right side are the RADIO controls for volume and channel up/down. The package also included a collision and pedestrian warning system that will apply the brakes as well as flash a warning light where the HUD would be on an uplevel truck.

View attachment 5013
Was wondering if this will plug and play on my steering wheel if I don’t have one ! Are the wires already there?? To plug a radio controller??
Agree with all above. That switch alone won’t control your radio. My bet is an uplevel wheel with all controls in including radio control “paddles” on back. A new gauge cluster with upgraded DIC. A replaced wire harness in the steering column, and possibly a new head unit that accepts steering wheel audio control input. Searched a few other forums and this seems like the most likely answer depending how your custom is spec’d.

Nothing is out there for the 22 refresh trucks that I know of. They changed the electrical architecture so even though the refresh Customs still have the same interior, I've been told by others that the upgrades that did work on the older trucks won't work on the refresh.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back