What's new

Noisy Duratrac tires

Yooda50

Reaction score
Since owning my 2020 TB for almost a year. I am starting to think about changing tires from mud terrain to all terrain. Mainly to eliminate road noise. Still want an aggressive off road tire as I do a lot of beach driving and trails too. Still have the black stock TB 18” wheels. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

LOL
I just bought my '21 truck today and I keep thinking how I've read so many reviews on these Duratracs being great tires; but they are fair loud new. They are easily as noisy as my WildPeaks AT3s on my Jeep.

I'll end up with some Gen. Grabber ATx's. 3 Peak Winter rated, ATs and quiet, quiet, quiet!
After 18k on my JTR (and 37s); they only knocked my MPGs by 1.5-2mpg on the h.way, gripped well in snow and off-road (mostly desert riding) and also did well on gravel w/o chipping.

switched my Duratracs out to ko2's and sold them as new takeoffs, ko2 is probably the best all around all terrain, longest lasting, even wearing snow flake approved and almost as quiet as a road tire. i think the duratracs are a little better on mud, but road/wet/snow/sand/gravel the ko2 are better

Since owning my 2020 TB for almost a year. I am starting to think about changing tires from mud terrain to all terrain. Mainly to eliminate road noise. Still want an aggressive off road tire as I do a lot of beach driving and trails too. Still have the black stock TB 18” wheels. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
The Goodyears were absolute trash. So damn loud. I swapped them out with wheels and Nitto Ridgegrapplers and love them. They look the part and are absolutely silent. Id go with them or Toyo RT's.

Most Reactions

Back