What's new

oil consumption test

Toolman Model A

Reaction score
I have 22,000 miles and in-between every oil change at 5000 miles nothing on dip stick. at 4500 mile till oil change add oil light came on added 1 qt nothing on stick took to dealer for oil change, had them check how much oil in pan it was still 1 qt down. so 2 qts down in 4500 miles. no leaks no blue smoke antifreeze normal. doing a oil consumption test with dealer every 1000 miles bring to dealer and they are checking level. side bar I only use premium fuel when towing? oil usage does not sound good to me. any ideas?

Just started tracking the same issue Toolman. 21 TB w/ 6.2 and 28K miles. I do my own maintenance and use Amsoil synthetic 0W-20. One month after my last ok change I noticed the level was low 1/2 quart. This truck is a daily driver and zero towing. No other issues to report.

I have 22,000 miles and in-between every oil change at 5000 miles nothing on dip stick. at 4500 mile till oil change add oil light came on added 1 qt nothing on stick took to dealer for oil change, had them check how much oil in pan it was still 1 qt down. so 2 qts down in 4500 miles. no leaks no blue smoke antifreeze normal. doing a oil consumption test with dealer every 1000 miles bring to dealer and they are checking level. side bar I only use premium fuel when towing? oil usage does not sound good to me. any ideas?
Oops all new 2021 trailboss 6.2

2023 with 11,500 and noticed the same thing, added a full quart, at the 5k mark from last change. I'll monitor as well, And went in for a possible bent rod yesterday!!.... Different thread,

Most Reactions

Back