What's new

Ok this is nuts

MP3420

Reaction score
American Truck wants $319 for headlight bulbs.

No freaking way, I have fog lights, but I really need something more at night than what stock headlights or the fog lights currently have. I know the fog lights are enclosed, but the headlight blubs should be replaceable. The guy at American trucks was no help other than trying to push expensive headlight bulbs. I have a 2022 Midnight Edition LT Custom 6.2L VB Trailboss, it was made before the switch to the newer dash and from that I have read they take H10 or H11 which kind of confuses me some. I just want BRIGHTER low beams; I went super dark on my tint and my old ass eyes can't see as good at night as they used to. I figure a brighter bulb and then adjusting the distance of the lights will help alot, that is once I figure it all out. Anyone got any advice on low beam bulbs?

For brighter you're going to pay. I usually go with LasFit for LED lamp conversions, but they are even more expensive. That surprised me.

Interesting you found those at LasFit. When I searched their website I came up with $350 at the low end.

American Truck wants $319 for headlight bulbs.

No freaking way, I have fog lights, but I really need something more at night than what stock headlights or the fog lights currently have. I know the fog lights are enclosed, but the headlight blubs should be replaceable. The guy at American trucks was no help other than trying to push expensive headlight bulbs. I have a 2022 Midnight Edition LT Custom 6.2L VB Trailboss, it was made before the switch to the newer dash and from that I have read they take H10 or H11 which kind of confuses me some. I just want BRIGHTER low beams; I went super dark on my tint and my old ass eyes can't see as good at night as they used to. I figure a brighter bulb and then adjusting the distance of the lights will help alot, that is once I figure it all out. Anyone got any advice on low beam bulbs?
did you tint the windshield ?? other wise, the tint should not matter, you lights dont shine to the side.

you need a HIGH quality LED bulb retro fit, but caution how much you adjust...you do more harm than good to other people.

maybe try a yellow lensed pair of glasses to highlight the night effects. as we age, our eyes need more light

did you tint the windshield ?? other wise, the tint should not matter, you lights dont shine to the side.

you need a HIGH quality LED bulb retro fit, but caution how much you adjust...you do more harm than good to other people.

maybe try a yellow lensed pair of glasses to highlight the night effects. as we age, our eyes need more light
Impossible! I'm a blind today as I was 40 years ago. Just ask my family. I've always had trouble seeing the things directly in front of me, especially when it's right under my nose.

I initially went with the Lasfit replacement bulbs for whatever the stock bulb size is. They worked fine. Lasfit sells some "Silverado Custom" specific bulbs that are really expensive and all I could see was a different back cap to them. I ended up replacing the headlights with aftermarket dual projector headlights with sequential LED turn signals. They are available in black or chrome housing. They came with halogen bulbs in them but replaced them with Lasfit LEDs for the size they called for(I think H7 for both low and high) and I like them much better than the stock housings with LED bulbs. Adding fog lights makes a difference too as it lights up up close and to the sides.

Most Reactions

Back