What's new

Ordered a 21 trail boss yesterday

21sgstandard

Reaction score
Hey all,

I ordered a 21 trail boss 5.3 standard bed shadow gray. I had been trying to find one which was virtually impossible so I ordered one. I currently drive a 2013 F-150. I can’t wait to get the new ride.

Congratulations!
Not surprised you had to order it. We had to look all over the State of Colorado.
Also not surprised that you are buying a Chevy this time ... the Trail Boss is a very hot commodity, and has earned it.

Hate the wait but it's well worth it. Here's my shadow gray. Welcome to the team!

Attachments

• 20210307_153332.jpg
    20210307_153332.jpg
    564.2 KB · Views: 26
Awesome man. I just purchased my 21 Black 6.2l Trailboss last night. And I must say. It’s been a journey just to get my hands on one. Waited a good 2 weeks. I went from a 2019 Ford F-150 2.7. Man what a huge difference. I’m loving the Trailboss so far

Attachments

• D8D86C4F-32C3-40C0-B19D-F317A96F451A.png
    D8D86C4F-32C3-40C0-B19D-F317A96F451A.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
Hey all,

I ordered a 21 trail boss 5.3 standard bed shadow gray. I had been trying to find one which was virtually impossible so I ordered one. I currently drive a 2013 F-150. I can’t wait to get the new ride.
Just picked mine up, they had a few in stock....Drove 3hrs to a country style dealer. Look at the remote dealers you may find one like I did

Hey all,

Did your dealer give you an estimated delivery date?
My dealer is saying 10 weeks.
Ordered a 2020 Ford Transit for work last year, it took 7 months, I hope Chevy is way faster.

I know the feeling. I had to drive to 6 hours into Idaho from Oregon to get my '21 TB w/6.2L. the truck apparently spent almost 3 weeks on the train to get there! But I've had it for a week and I'm absolutely in love.

I’m 40 miles from the factory in Fort Wayne, hopefully that helps expedite the shipping process.

I’m 40 miles from the factory in Fort Wayne, hopefully that helps expedite the shipping process.
If it is being built in the US.

Mine was built in Mexico. I had to wait 2 weeks for it to make it across the border.

If it is being built in the US.

Mine was built in Mexico. I had to wait 2 weeks for it to make it across the border.
I wonder how they decide Fort Wayne or Mexico.
I also looked a couple trucks with the 3 liter diesel, they were all made in Mexico.

Checked two window stickers of 6.2 trail boss customs within 50 miles of me, both were assembled in Fort Wayne Indiana.
One of them is almost a perfect match for what I ordered, but is missing one option I can’t live without. The safety confidence pack, I could care less about safety but I want steering wheel radio controls, and 4.2 inch color driver information center.

It would be interesting to learn the reason for what location they are assembled. Though it is possible that it is just simply based on current site capacity when the order is placed.

I just checked the assembly locations of all the Trail Bosses that my purchase dealership currently has on their site. They had five with the 6.2l but all were LT's. Two were assembled in the US. But in Roanoke IN and not Fort Wayne interestingly. The other three were assembled in Mexico. They have a few Custom 5.3s that were built in Roanoke while others were built in Mexico like mine. LT 5.3s also show both locations. Obviously engine and trim level do not play a role in location.

I wonder if there are more than these three assembly plants for our Silvys?

Most Reactions

Back