What's new

Peeling Paint

Psycho Steve

Reaction score
Just noticed this yesterday. Paint peeling on bottom part of passenger door. It’s just above the step on that rough part. The truck only has 5000 miles on it and is a 2021 LT. Is this a warranty issue I can file with Chevrolet dealer or is it just something I am gonna have to have a body shop fix on my own dime? I have no clue what caused this.
B4DB6583-B040-4DF6-8509-0E21FBB7C56B.jpeg

So Chevrolet refusing to warranty it. Says it could have been caused by a rock. So I am gonna call Line X and see about getting both rockers color matched.

So Chevrolet refusing to warranty it. Says it could have been caused by a rock. So I am gonna call Line X and see about getting both rockers color matched.
"Could" have been caused by a rock or was caused by a rock? That is a copout and you should press it. Is there other damage that indicates a rock hit there? Without that I'd say it is more likely a result of a defect and I'd push a little harder to get warranty coverage.

"Could" have been caused by a rock or was caused by a rock? That is a copout and you should press it. Is there other damage that indicates a rock hit there? Without that I'd say it is more likely a result of a defect and I'd push a little harder to get warranty coverage.
I will tell you these rocker panels are so thin that IF a rock hit it, there would be a pretty good dent too. Pre-delivery someone must have kicked the snow off their shoes on my driver rocker panel and there was a dent I didn't see until I got home and in daylight next day (prior to installing the steps). Took a hot glue gun/glue stick and pulled it out easily after this picture. Really unbelievable how thin they are.
dent.jpg

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Back