What's new

Problems Correlated to Assembly Plant

vezePilot

Reaction score
At the Corvette Forums, it is simply true that many posts and comments are regarding problems that owners have. This is understandable, with folks looking at these resources for assistance.

For the Trail Boss trucks, is there perhaps any correlation of problems to the Assembly Plant where the vehicle was shipped from? It is my understanding that TBs are assembled in factories in Indiana, Ohio, Ontario and Mexico. Mine was assembled in Mexico, and it appears to be FLAWLESS (more than 12,000 miles now.)

I have also noticed that many (all?) engine problems are for powerplants other than the 5.3L L82 regular gas (87) engine. And this is the engine that mine has. Just wondering ...

At the Corvette Forums, it is simply true that many posts and comments are regarding problems that owners have. This is understandable, with folks looking at these resources for assistance.

For the Trail Boss trucks, is there perhaps any correlation of problems to the Assembly Plant where the vehicle was shipped from? It is my understanding that TBs are assembled in factories in Indiana, Ohio, Ontario and Mexico. Mine was assembled in Mexico, and it appears to be FLAWLESS (more than 12,000 miles now.)

I have also noticed that many (all?) engine problems are for powerplants other than the 5.3L L82 regular gas (87) engine. And this is the engine that mine has. Just wondering ...
Not sure of an Ohio plant. What was you build date? Mine was 8/31/21 at Mexico plant.

Where would we find that build date information?
Mine would certainly be before 2/23/21, because that was the day that I drove it home from the dealership.

Mine is from TX in 12/2020
Seems like the major problem (valve train)
is not related to assembly or a design/engineering flaw. Just a bad run of parts from an outside vendor.

Where would we find that build date information?
Mine would certainly be before 2/23/21, because that was the day that I drove it home from the dealership.
So the gray sticker inside the door jamb will give you the month/year in the top left corner. In absence of an actual BUILD SHEET (which I don't have for mine), there are a lot of dated stickers on components. One of the last things to go in are the seats. Where the back seat is bolted down on the driver side this tag tells me 8/31/21. That combined with the 8/21 on my door jamb gives me pretty clear indication mine was 8/31.

Attachments

• IMG_0656.jpg
    IMG_0656.jpg
    387 KB · Views: 21

Most Reactions

Back