What's new

Pulling DFM fuse

Deadstockpomp

Reaction score
Does pulling the 2 DFM fuses 60 and 67 disable the system as if the truck never had it?

I found a video that looks like it was posted a month ago. I’m not a social media, google, blah blah kinda guy. So anyways, this person put a GoPro with audio near his exhaust (has borla) to record the 2 different sounds. First it was driving around town in D. Can definitely tell when cylinders shut down and what not. Next he put it in L and upped it to 9. Apparently u can’t manually go past 9. Did the same driving loop and the exhaust never changed. There’s no “proof” from an engineer that has said that it does shut down DFM but the sound doesn’t lie either. So the “theory” is that if u put the shifter to L9 it won’t go into DFM! I’m going to try it tomorrow when I head to work

I called Edge and talked to some jack wagon that couldn’t tell u if his asshole was punched, bored or drilled out with a meat auger! My response to “if there’s any idea when they would have the pulsar working with the 22’s” was I dunno! I get it, WE (the working class) pay for working class people to stay home! Now we deal with third string people to do first string jobs

I found a video that looks like it was posted a month ago. I’m not a social media, google, blah blah kinda guy. So anyways, this person put a GoPro with audio near his exhaust (has borla) to record the 2 different sounds. First it was driving around town in D. Can definitely tell when cylinders shut down and what not. Next he put it in L and upped it to 9. Apparently u can’t manually go past 9. Did the same driving loop and the exhaust never changed. There’s no “proof” from an engineer that has said that it does shut down DFM but the sound doesn’t lie either. So the “theory” is that if u put the shifter to L9 it won’t go into DFM! I’m going to try it tomorrow when I head to work
That definitely worked on AFM with the 6 speed transmission. I've been driving in L9 but with no display showing when cylinders shut like with AFM showing 4 cylinder mode I can't be 100% sure it is not working.

I drove to the job in L9 and the truck ran much smoother. No lag. Take it for what it’s worth

I’ve had diesels and towing a lot since 2006. I pay close attention to shift points etc. The truck ran substantially differently.

Wish it would just say like the older models. Idle feels a little stronger so I think it may be firing on all 8

Reactions: Baz

Most Reactions

Back