What's new

Pulling DFM fuse

I pulled them about a week ago. I dont KNOW if it does it but I will say it takes less gas pedal manipulation to get it to downshift when youre cruising. Throttle response also feels different (in a good way). no check engine lights, and no negative side effects I have noticed.

I pulled them about a week ago. I dont KNOW if it does it but I will say it takes less gas pedal manipulation to get it to downshift when youre cruising. Throttle response also feels different (in a good way). no check engine lights, and no negative side effects I have noticed.
I kind of notice a better throttle response and shift as well.

You guys should have someone pop your hood open and w/o you watching, have them replace the fuses or leave them out. Then drive it for a few days and see if you can tell whether the fuses are in or out.

So the 22’s have DFM but the 2 fuses are AFM. Not sure why. I pulled them but can’t definitively say it’s 100% disabled. Mufflers coming off soon. Will know for sure then. I agree with the above post about driving it not knowing if the fuses are in. It “seems” like it’s more responsive in all facets of driving but the brain leans towards an idea that favors it’s own interests

So the 22’s have DFM but the 2 fuses are AFM. Not sure why. I pulled them but can’t definitively say it’s 100% disabled. Mufflers coming off soon. Will know for sure then. I agree with the above post about driving it not knowing if the fuses are in. It “seems” like it’s more responsive in all facets of driving but the brain leans towards an idea that favors it’s own interests
I think that’s just what the fuse says but I’m sure it’s the Dfm

So far so good, I think it’s disabled but who really knows
When I’m coasting to a stop, I can definitely feel /hear the engine going back to 8cyl mode. Probably be more noticeable if i didn’t have stock exhaust.

Just went out and pulled mine. Immediately noticed a smoother idle on startup, NO check engine light. Easy to find these to 10A fuses. Engine fuse box by battery, lower right area there's a 25A then 2, 10A . Pull both 10s. Under the fuse cover tells you what's where.

Went up and filled the tank, reset the trip/mpg meter. With the truck in NORMAL mode, ran some errands with the wife. 45-mile round trip some city, some highway, 22.4 mpg! Throttle response is much better. less pedal effort to get to cruising speed. Feels like it's in sport mode, but it isn't. Couldn't romp on it with the wife tonight. Will try that when out solo. Overall, yes. there's noticeable, positive difference.

I am tempted to try this. My truck has a vibration sometimes when cylinders deactivate. When I give it some gas to go back to v8 it runs smooth again. Runs smooth in L9.

Just a thought, someone that has a truck built without dfm should look and see if they have the fuses. Somehow GM had to deactivate it.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back