What's new

Pulling DFM fuse

I literally just found out last night that pulsar has it for the 22’s now. I’m currently on a waiting list to get one!

For the guys that pulled the fuses, what engine do you have?

Someone with the 6.2l had issues.

My fuses went back in and just running L9 until my pulsar comes available. Didn’t run rough when they were out. Good to hear feedback tho

So, I found out the only way that is known is to do a reprogram (void warranty) or the Range plug-in device.

I found a video that looks like it was posted a month ago. I’m not a social media, google, blah blah kinda guy. So anyways, this person put a GoPro with audio near his exhaust (has borla) to record the 2 different sounds. First it was driving around town in D. Can definitely tell when cylinders shut down and what not. Next he put it in L and upped it to 9. Apparently u can’t manually go past 9. Did the same driving loop and the exhaust never changed. There’s no “proof” from an engineer that has said that it does shut down DFM but the sound doesn’t lie either. So the “theory” is that if u put the shifter to L9 it won’t go into DFM! I’m going to try it tomorrow when I head to work
I can manually go up to 10 in mine.

My whole thing with this is, I’m trying to figure out what those 2 fuses control. If it’s the computers firing order and what not for the Dfm then pulling the fuses should indeed disable it and make the truck run full time on 8 cylinders. At this point with the information we have all gathered no one can pin point what these fuses do. Gm will probably not entertain any questions about pulling these fuses because that’s against their better judgment obviously.

Most Reactions

Back