What's new

Pulsar LT DFM Turn on/off

odcm435

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone with the Pulsar LT has turned DFM/AFM back on for long road trips? Will it cause problems after being turned off for a while.

Wakinvol

Reaction score
I'll let you know in a couple of weeks. Making a quick trip to Myrtle Beach. Gonna try it on one way, and off the other to compare mileage. I wouldn't think it would cause a problem but we shall see.

Wakinvol

Reaction score
So DFM on, cruise set at 80 with only a few spirited bursts above (one ricer that wanted to ride my bumper saw a 120mph departure) I got around 18.2 for the 500 mile trip. Route was through the mountains between TN and NC. Might have been a tad bit better if I had gone through Atlanta. Also, the best 50 came on this trip as well.

This is with the 6.2 running 275/70-18’s. I used the Pulsar to adjust the tire size although it’s not much bigger than stock. I do have a Retrax bed cover on it too.
BA2A2016-F895-4197-BF3C-FF59F5853AAF.jpeg
5983B2AE-D512-4109-B749-836A95973237.jpeg
28ACB448-2489-4E49-9BE6-DF290CF7AC16.jpeg

Last edited:

hcff1985

Reaction score
So my 2021 LT wasn’t equipped with dfm due to the chip shortage. I’m ok with this!! But I bought the pulsar Lt before I figured this out. Still a decent product and worth the throttle response setting alone lol

Wakinvol

Reaction score
Nice ! What was it before ?
Never really monitored it. It’s not great around town. The return trip will be DFM off at the same speeds. I want to see how big a difference it really makes.
I didn’t hand calculate the mileage but the return will be done the same way. Should give a good idea anyway.

Reaction score
Never really monitored it. It’s not great around town. The return trip will be DFM off at the same speeds. I want to see how big a difference it really makes.
I didn’t hand calculate the mileage but the return will be done the same way. Should give a good idea anyway.
Cool man👍🏻 Have any experience with CAI on these new trucks ?

Wakinvol

Reaction score
Mine has the GM Performance intake and exhaust. I’m pleased with that combo, but it came that way so I have no experience with it not having a CAI.

SteelBoss6.2

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone with the Pulsar LT has turned DFM/AFM back on for long road trips? Will it cause problems after being turned off for a while.
Ive had it off for 7k miles haha....And it will never be back on as long as I own it. I hate DFM with a passion.